• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Noctigon K1vn - Best Single 21700 Thrower R

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
K1vn Purchase Here

7UAwcSP.jpg

697TMES.jpg

GcxkVFP.jpg

Yyt82KV.jpg

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless you can somehow make the linear fet driver push more amps to feed the White2.1, you won't get much of a benefit from it. White2.1 can handle 10amps and produce over 1500 lumens theoretically.

You might be able to take the 8amp linear driver they designed for the White2, and use it for the White1.1, so you're feeding the 1.1 8 amps.

SKV89

Enlightened
Wow you got 650KCD from the W2 version!??? They rated the W1 at 650KCD.

I would love to see the W2.1 in there but not sure if you can add some resistors to increase the current.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Wow you got 650KCD from the W2 version!??? They rated the W1 at 650KCD. I guess I measure Kcd High. But its OK. still relatively correct with my other lights. By the way I report all Emmisar and other Narsil/AUdril light numbers at Turn on.

I would love to see the W2.1 in there but not sure if you can add some resistors to increase the current. We will see.

Patriot

Flashaholic
The body and switch of this light remind me of a scaled up D4V2, with a large thrower head bolted on.:laughing:

In any case, I actually like the look of this light and the machining looks superb, at least from the pictures. I was looking at the different finishes on their website and thought that the brown anodized version looked really nice. Just something different, I guess.

SKV89

Enlightened
Vinh which bin is the White 2.1? Have you tested it yet im this host?

justanotherguy

Enlightened
Isn't 10-20% pretty typical? I'm going to guess 750kcd territory.
Not sure..I vaguely follow his work...

I have to decide if the performance increase is worth it.
20% and more lumens, I'd pop for it.. but it's hard to order something to be made, in order to find out how it performs...

Patriot

Flashaholic
Not sure..I vaguely follow his work...

I have to decide if the performance increase is worth it.
20% and more lumens, I'd pop for it.. but it's hard to order something to be made, in order to find out how it performs...

I believe Vinh is saying that he measured the stock W2 at 1000L and 650ckd. I was guessing 10-20% more throw for the W1.1 (maybe 750kcd) but perhaps 300 fewer lumens than the W2.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I have been a bit busy lately fulfilling orders that I havn't post much. I several W2.1 lights ordered but I coulnt get to the build yet as I need the larger 20mm 4040 MCPCB that are coming. The ones I have are too small and is not optimal for the build.

nomad369

Newly Enlightened
I believe Vinh is saying that he measured the stock W2 at 1000L and 650ckd. I was guessing 10-20% more throw for the W1.1 (maybe 750kcd) but perhaps 300 fewer lumens than the W2.

That would be drastically different from manufacturer spec. The Noctigon site says it should be 1400L, 550kcd. But I don't see any details on Vinh's site that would explain the discrepancy...

I'm trying to figure this out, because I just ordered a K1vn with W2 and have no clue what type of beam to expect! I chose the W2 so it wouldn't be such a laser like the W1, but if Vinh's mods basically turn his W2 into a W1, what's the point?

Patriot

Flashaholic
That would be drastically different from manufacturer spec. The Noctigon site says it should be 1400L, 550kcd. But I don't see any details on Vinh's site that would explain the discrepancy...

I'm trying to figure this out, because I just ordered a K1vn with W2 and have no clue what type of beam to expect! I chose the W2 so it wouldn't be such a laser like the W1, but if Vinh's mods basically turn his W2 into a W1, what's the point?

Vinh is measuring out the front lumens, I don't know what figures Noctigon uses. The W2 should be awesome in this light and I think you made a great pick.

SKV89

Enlightened
Why on Earth would Noctigon make a single emitter light incapable of working with a protected 21700?

Because when the protection circuit trips, users blame the manufacturer and it happens often

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Because when the protection circuit trips, users blame the manufacturer and it happens often

+1
Almost Every month I get an email with light troubles that turn out to be a bad circuit protection issue.

Bronco

Enlightened
Is it possible to "untrip" the protection circuit?

I ask because I've used protected cells exclusively for the last 15 years and have never run into this issue.