Imalent        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone reviewed the Maratac Titanium AAA Rev 5 flashlight yet?

Default Re: Anyone reviewed the Maratac Titanium AAA Rev 5 flashlight yet?

Found out a bit for you. I think the big deal about rev. 5 is the titanium. It has a XP-G. However XP-L is the better emitter. It hardly matters on 1xaaa. Those are the main differences.
    As an enthusiast what I want(and have) are copper with Nichia 219B. At some point we are so past Lumens. Plus 130-180 is hardly a jump. Furthermore on a ultimate lithium the 219B will hit 170-ish. It is by far the highest CRI.
    I am going to take back what I had said. Under law he is correct unfortunately. If he so much as inspects them in the USA they count as made in USA. Stupid laws. So he has the right to say so but I personally would not.
    Two things I do not like. Lasered writing, stick on clip still. Fix those and it is a gem. Actually just forgo the clip for a large key clip IMO. Overall all Maratac are great lights but the one you really want IMO is the copper 219B.
    Don't be so hung up on titanium. It is nothing special in a sub $40 light. Even in a $2,000 light it may be some other metal but probably Damascus then. Honestly though copper is a grail of sorts too due to it's heatsinking property and great threading.
    You may find that the TI does thread as well on a $40 light. Not sure. Anyways I am not getting it solely due to the XP-G. the Nichia 219B is a far better Emitter. The 219C is more efficient which hardly maters here but the 219B is higher CRI. I hope this helps you!

Hello!
    Iíve had a hard time finding info on how the mode-memory UI works for this light. Anyone in possession of the light willing to share those details ? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by County View Post
    mode-memory
    mine had no mode memory

check your private messages for more details
    Last edited by jon_slider; 02-26-2020 at 08:47 PM.

Got it, thanks! Apparently Iíd stumbled on misinformation, thanks for taking the time to clarify. I will be taking possession of this light tomorrow and am looking forward to it. For my use-case, no mode memory is preferable.

Congratulations on your new light :-)

I hope you enjoy it.

Please post your impressions.

Received my Maratac Ti AAA Rev 5 and it actually does have mode-memory. Itís as simple as the last mode you left it in will be the startup mode next time you turn it on. Quick on/off cycles you through the medium low high modes of course. Even though I really didnít want mode memory and preferred Ďstart on mediumí , I like the light a lot and plan to keep it. It is throwier than I expected with a tighter beam than my Aluminium AAA Maratac Rev 5 I purchased in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by County View Post
    Received my Maratac Ti AAA Rev 5 and it actually does have mode-memory.
    thanks for the update
    I did not know about the addition of mode memory to the Maratac, until now

this version of the Lumintop Black Tool w Osram LED and Tir lens, recently also came out with a mode memory feature. And AA Tools have memory now too.
    Last edited by jon_slider; 02-26-2020 at 08:59 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12