Seasonal Headlamp use

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
This year, for the first time in several years, we've put up Christmas lights around the rec room in the basement. We'd stopped doing this after so many of the bulbs failed in our old incandescent strings, but this year I bought a whole carton of LED strings at our friendly local warehouse club store. These modern LEDs are so much better than the early ones - which I always found to be too blue, too dim, and too shimmery. The new sets I bought are even brighter than our old ones, and the whole tree is only using 14 watts. They don't flicker like the older style ones, probably because of the phosphor they use as I can't see any extra electronics in the string.

Securing strings of lights up at ceiling level called for additional light, so I put on my Olight Nova H2R for extra illumination ( nothing like a headlamp to make you realize how dusty a ceiling can get). I had a step ladder and a bunch of push pins...and made the discovery that the magnet on the H2R can hold a useful number of pushpins. It's not the original H2R that had the short-circuit hazard here.

Bill

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
I found another seasonal headlamp use: nothing like 500 lumens on your head to check to see if there are any water spots on the stemware. The wine glasses only come out in bunches for special occasions, and more light makes it easy to see if there are any spots or watermarks. Don't tell the butler's union but I put this batch in the dishwasher...never again, spent as much time chasing spots as it would have taken to wash by hand in the first place.

Bill