On a led TV is each pixel one led?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Because it seems it wound be imposable to make would it not be millions of leds? Ps I hope I'm in right forum

StarHalo

Flashaholic
now I want one I have a 65 inch but it ain't oled. But watching 4 k on it is awesume

You will only see the difference between an OLED and a [good/not cheap] LED TV if they are side by side, otherwise you won't be able to tell which is which. I currently also have a 65" 4K model; if I were upgrading now I would put the money towards more size, I'd have to downsize or spend much more to go OLED.

mcm308

Enlightened
I just bought LG's current 65" OLED. I walked into best buy with the intention of getting the nano 4K UHD. After seeing them side by side, I walked out with the OLED. It was twice the cost but the difference was night and day!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
You will only see the difference between an OLED and a [good/not cheap] LED TV if they are side by side, otherwise you won't be able to tell which is which. I currently also have a 65" 4K model; if I were upgrading now I would put the money towards more size, I'd have to downsize or spend much more to go OLED.

I have a samsung 4k 65 inch. It's great but I use a Antenna and something makes me lose reception on ABC. I thought it was my led house light but that was only part of it

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Ps just like in school I stink at knowing what subject it is lol

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I have a samsung 4k 65 inch. It's great but I use a Antenna and something makes me lose reception on ABC. I thought it was my led house light but that was only part of it

HD broadcasts look better via over-the-air/the antenna versus cable or satellite. A solid outdoor [city] antenna is only ~$60 and a good investment if you like local live TV.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
An OLED set is as close as you can get to a reference monitor, something that displays what the camera sees and nothing else. The color fidelity and true black levels are just outstanding. And each pixel is it's own self-emitting LED - no backlight needed.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Ty everyone it is crazy how far leds have come..I don't go to movies or concerts or anything so TV is my only escape

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
HD broadcasts look better via over-the-air/the antenna versus cable or satellite.

OTA signals have less compression than cable or satellite. However OTA digital signals are highly susceptible to multipath reflections. With the old analog signals, multipath would cause ghosting but you'd still have a watchable picture. With digital signals, you don't see ghosting but as the signal degrades, it goes over the cliff and you get a blank screen because there are too many errors to reconstruct the picture.

If you're looking for a good OTA antenna, get one that's directional so it has a better chance of rejecting multipath interference.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Ty everyone it is crazy how far leds have come..I don't go to movies or concerts or anything so TV is my only escape

I only go to the movies 2-3 times a year most years for the theater-experience releases, otherwise all the "pretty good" recent flicks are a $2-3 rental on Prime Video; rented Once Upon a Time in Hollywood last week, that's an example of a fun one you don't really need a movie theater for.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
LEDs to spare; the Asus Zephyrus G14 laptop has 1,215 individual LED lights on its lid that you can program to display text/graphics/notifications, and can even sync to music as a visualizer:
K8REqFl.jpg