Seiko Vintage Quartz Digital Watches

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I have some beautiful Seiko Quartz Digitals from the 1970s.

One is a Japanese domestic market model I bought in Japan. They are beautiful watches from the mid to late 70s.

I switched to Rolex in the early 1980s but could never get rid of my nice Seikos. My dad had a Rolex Day-Date, and I bought him a Seiko Quartz Digital-LC Alarm, and he loved it, he hardly took it off for years.

Anyone have some vintage Seiko digital watches? The Seventies were a great time for watches in

general.

Best,

RL

ven

Flashaholic
Very cool, please get some pics when/if you can. I dont have any digital seiko, have vintage diver 7002 which i enjoy wearing. Big seiko fan here, would love a GS spring drive one day.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
No digital anythiing from the 70's here red. But I do have a bicentenial Mickey from 1976 made when Bradley was the official Mickey Mouse watch maker.
In addition I have an early Lorus made Goofy watch that runs backwards. They were/are a Seiko company. Later Seiko got the Mickey Mouse watch contract. After that Disney decided to keep it to themselves and nobody has an exclusive contract anymore.

F6515911-31-BD-4375-875-E-D91232-AF4033.jpg

Both are hand wind.

I've never dug digital watches where you have to figure which button is mode change, which actually changes the mode and relearn it twice a year when the time changes in the US. If not for time change I'd probably have more digital watches.
I have one with an analog dial and digital screen at the bottom. I only wear it in summer when the time on it is set correctly. All winter it is off by an hour.

At one point I had one of those digital atomic clock watches. The dam thing kept changing to Denver time (instead of eastern time) so I pulled the pin to shut it off and gave it to my brother. One day he through it out of his car while driving because it kept making him an hour late for appointments.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
I had an original Pulsar digital from the late 70s, the type with the very faint dark red LED impossible to read outdoors in the daytime ... and a couple of different Casio calculator watches from the 80s (including one of the very earliest versions with recessed buttons so tiny they had to be pressed with a pin)

Although I still have mechanical wristwatches and pocket watches from even my grandfather's generation ... incredibly and sadly, all of my own digital watches from the 70s and 80s were lost or discarded back then :ohgeez:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
In about 79 I remember one kid with a keyboard on his wrist watch. You'd ask "hey Bruce what time is it?" He'd squint through his coke bottle lenses while touching keys with his pencil and say something like "the square root of 81 is 9" because he couldn't read the numbers through the pea soup screen.