Tick, Tick, New year is comming so will we get the 18650?

klackey

Enlightened
Yep........................... "
Before the end of the year... this year... 2019 to be exact." Just hoping that the timeline is still close to accurate. However, understand if there are issues out of HDS control..... Just like to budget. :)

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogos, time schedules are very exact. Therefore I believe the 18650 Rotary tubes are available end of the year.

In my next HDS orders I geuss I order a 2nd 2 AA and 18650 tube… :whistle:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I stand by my timeline.
I still have until the ball drops in Time's Square plus 2 hours.
Now, I did say "We" would have them... meaning HDS, and we will.
HDS will have them on Monday the 30th. I just confirmed the tracking number and checked.

We may not have them up on the web sight for a week... it is the silly season... but I am doing my best here.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you know how many tubes are coming? Wondering how quick I need to order one lol.

I do... but won't post it on a public forum and really wouldn't help much anyway as demand is hard to predict. I'll only post numbers if it is a very small number I think will sell out in a month or two. I don't think that is the case with these, but you never know.
I will say we doubled the order since the original PO for these went out in July of 2018. We ran out about a year ago... so a 6 month lead time wasn't enough (allow me to scream at the sky here).
Previously, the number we had vs. demand lasted a few years. I don't know what kind of "run" we will have on these once they are put up on the web sight. It can be hard to predict demand though I did see an increase in 18650 tube sales until we ran out... which is why we ordered them 6 months BEFORE we ran out... stupidly thinking that was a pretty good lead time... As it is, could have ordered two human babies from the same woman in the time it took to get these.
I would say from past experience that if you are planning to get one in the next 4-6 months... you should be ok from past sales, but again, I have no idea what demand will be like... I will know a few weeks after they hit the sight.

Now, part of this delay was MY fault. When having the machinist make parts, I would have him put off these tubes in order to make other parts that, if we ran out, would stop all lights from going out the door. Sales have increased quite a bit over the last few years and not having 18650 Rotary tubes, while that very much sucks, isn't nearly as bad as a 3, 4, 6 month delay... or a Henry "two-weeks" delay on all lights going out the door.

I know a lot of people tend to think the battery tube is "just a tube" but that isn't the case at all. Most machinists won't touch it after looking at the drawings... and several who do/did, couldn't get them in spec.

Once they arrive, we still have to build them out, which we will be busting burro to do.

klackey

Enlightened
Thanks for the update. I cant even imagin dealing with unpredicitable demand and fickle customer trends. Oh, then the machinist. Looking forward to finally getting one of these tubes. Actually, my plan is to order a complete light, it is "just" a little more...…….. Amber is just too inviting. Then the UV...…. choices, choices....

Question.... I am assuming that a rotary 18650 tubes are compatible with other rotary "heads"? Is the "programing" in the head?

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll only post numbers if it is a very small number I think will sell out in a minute or two. I don't think that is the case with these, but you never know.

fixed this for you:crackup:

Okay, for your sake the limited sales have been better....couple hours or so and some items fit what you originally said

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
fixed this for you:crackup:

Okay, for your sake the limited sales have been better....couple hours or so and some items fit what you originally said

LOL! Yep. Some stuff has sold out in under 60 seconds. I don't see that happening with these tubes...
I actually did find one tube hidden in the back of a locked cabinet in a basement room with a sign on the door that said "Danger! Radiation Hazard!" I pocketed that one for myself.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thant's funny right there:lolsign:

Going off the original statement, the 18650 body would be your Christmas bonus:devil: (maybe that was in a different thread)

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
your Christmas bonus:devil: (maybe that was in a different thread)

And... I almost lost it today! I was out in "the hills" and had set it on my bumper... then... let's just say... I'm old and drove off. The light actually went into where the winch is, and got stuck in the inside of the bumper for about a mile or so. Drove back to where I knew I had been... looked around the muddy ground... nothing. Looked in the bumper (calling it a bumper is really a misnomer as it is more of a "crusher" and saw it sitting all happy in there. Getting old stinks.

img-5510.jpg

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you didn't end up losing it...good thing for storage spaces in winch bumpers, LOL. I imagine it was bouncing around on the trip to find it; that compartment must have been designed just right not to let it fall out on the journey. Can't lose any lights; they are very hard to replace anymore;)

Nice photo BTW:thumbsup:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now back on the custom page and products page.

Well, that wait wasn't so bad.... cough! cough! (runs away from mob with pitchforks).

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
just in time; Dan is a man of his word:thumbsup:

luckily i haven't felt the pain that these guys have since i already own 2 18650's:nana::duck:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
just in time; Dan is a man of his word:thumbsup:

luckily i haven't felt the pain that these guys have since i already own 2 18650's:nana::duck:

with 1 day, 9 hours, and 18 minutes to spare... nothing like cutting it close! LOL!