All in one or kit of parts for Solar Outside lighting

mjulson

Newly Enlightened
Looking to light up a metal sign (from behind, narrow space) I mounted at the house with no access to power. Is there a reputable source for a panel, controller, and battery that has features of dusk to dawn, timed on/off, battery protection?

I'm looking to run up to 500ma, although planned draw is 320ma of LED. And I'd like it to run for at least 5 hours.

if batteries are separate, that's easy to address. But otherwise looking for plug and play and reliable.

i found a cheap kit on eBay, but quality is very concerning. https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-20X-RGB...hash=item2ced11143a:m:mjiZaQM62iPqW8KhSfCORcA

archimedes

Flashaholic
Although this subforum is perfectly appropriate for this topic, it tends to see very little traffic, and thus responses and advice may take a while.

If OP would prefer that it be moved to Fixed Lighting at any point, please just let staff know.

kingofwylietx

Enlightened
Check out DIY Solar Power With Will Prowse on YouTube. I've been watching his videos lately and he's got some really good ones. You'll get up to speed on which components are useful for your project and then you can use whatever LED light you want and have it run for as long as you want.
Be sure to watch the battery videos, because sizing them is such an important part of putting together a system. You'll also quickly figure out that price doesn't necessarily correlate to output as closely as you may currently expect.

That's all I can offer, because I'm still learning myself.