Malkoff 219b v3 thread

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here it is fellas

A thread to group up pictures, discussions, availability and everything in between about the infamous malkoff nichia (4000k) 219b 95 CRI.

Hopefully Craig will chime in from time to time and let us know when the releases will be etc.

Maybe even gene

A few guys on other threads were talking about how'd it be nice to start such a thread on this topic so I figured here we go! lovecpf

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now you're talkin'; Thanks for starting the thread:thumbsup:

I hope that if we can keep this thread active, Craig will know where to drop in at.

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope that if we can keep this thread active, Craig will know where to drop in at.

Thanks infrnl!

This is what I'm hoping for, as I'm sure he knows alot of his sales come from us and the know of a release is major to many of us :paypal:

Last edited:

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another thing

Idk if this was the correct/best place to post this thread, if anyone or a moderator would either recommend/move it to where it needs to be or a better place for better activity please do so

Thank you

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's the only place for malkoff. Craig used to come to the junkie thread which is now the front porch? I'm sure Craig secretly drops in like Gene does to keep an eye on things.

That would be cool.

Yes, it is. I hope his estimate isn't overly optimistic(for some reason I feel it is but, who knows).

That's a good idea about the 219B thread.

I did too lol. It's been in my cart more then once but, I prefer the wider voltage range of 61's so I too culled it. I don't see there being a whole lot of difference between the V2 & V3 as it's just a 9080 instead of a 9050 but, I guess the tint could still be nicer and it should have a bit better red rendering due to its higher R9. I only have the M61NL 219B V2 so, I need to at least get the full powered M61N 219B V3. I am tempted to grab the M61NLLL for a low power/high runtime option too though.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
Sorry, moved from the other thread.

I have experience with both r9050 and 9080 from HDS and obviously the 219bv2 from Malkoff/illumn. The differences are like you mention. There are some differences in tint that some may or may not like. I love both R9050 and 9080.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now you're talkin'; Thanks for starting the thread[emoji106]

I just sent Craig a link to the thread and asked nicely if he could keep us updated(I had a chat already going with him about another topic).

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, moved from the other thread.

I have experience with both r9050 and 9080 from HDS and obviously the 219bv2 from Malkoff/illumn. The differences are like you mention. There are some differences in tint that some may or may not like. I love both R9050 and 9080.

No problem, thank you sir[emoji106].

Good to know. I have plenty of experience with 219B 9050's but, only experience with other emitters when it comes to 9080's. I look forward to comparing them. Yep, hard to beat a 219B.

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just sent Craig a link to the thread and asked nicely if he could keep us updated(I had a chat already going with him about another topic).

thanks for looking out tac!

and thanks infrnl for moving that post from the other thread to bring the topic over to here to keep this one ongoing

which is now.. where it should be :twothumbs

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome initiative! Since i have 3 of these and by far my best setup is M361 V3 in Ti VME, screwed on 18350 E-C TnC body with TnC tail.
too bad i don't have a photo of it and am traveling :(

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks man

I'm suprised that the two m31s are still there since before Christmas.

Would've thought for sure someone was gonna pick those up.

Last edited:

BluGrass

Newly Enlightened
I really like my M31. Thinking of getting an MD2 body, dummy CR123, and a high/lo ring to see what kind of low it will put out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, we don't want 219c:sick2:

on blugrass's note; I was just thinking last night that I am going to take an MDC AA body and bore it out for 16mm. This way i can use 123 with custom dummy cell or AA for MDC heads or VME. I like the size of AA more anyway;)

MDC with dummy is another great option as you mentioned

thermal guy

Flashaholic
That's what I did with my elzetta bravo. My M31LL V2 is in that with 2X123 to AA adapter. So I can either run a single AA or a primary 123 with a dummy cell. Kind of a mini omnivore

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
was also thinking of using mine in a vme/tactician body wit a dummy cell

getting to use the momentary on and twist for constant :D

tg what adapter do you use, i need to pick one of these up

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need to get some adapters. I looked last night but all mine are for going in an 18mm host.

I still have one Bravo left and it's actually bored for 18mm. I just don't like the unshrouded tailcap. I'll have to give all this some thought. but i need to focus on other things...like testing right now.

you guys are distracting me:twak: