HDS Systems        
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Malkoff 219b v3 thread

Default Re: Malkoff 219b v3 thread

Any 2-cell P60 type light can be run with a single cell plus a battery spacer in order to use a 3 volt module. I have a Surefire 6P and a Malkoff MD2 set up that way. Should work in Elzetta too.

The cell should be closest to the head, followed by the dummy closest to the tail, correct? Path of least resistance or am i over-thinking this?
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

The current has to go through the dummy cell no matter where it is so donít think it matters. I did do a draw test with the dummy cell in different order and it was the same
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Will an M31 module work in an Elzetta Alpha?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I wish😞
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by aginthelaw View Post
    The cell should be closest to the head, followed by the dummy closest to the tail, correct? Path of least resistance or am i over-thinking this?
    In fact, contrary to normal thinking, electrons flow from the -ve cathode to the +ve anode, not from pos to neg.
    Not a lot of people know that.
    Oh God, I'm turning into Peter Cook and Dudley Moore.
    P
    "O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!" He chortled in his joy.

Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    In fact, contrary to normal thinking, electrons flow from the -ve cathode to the +ve anode, not from pos to neg.
    Not a lot of people know that.
    Oh God, I'm turning into Peter Cook and Dudley Moore.
    P
    https://xkcd.com/567/

Thanks, Ben Franklin
    Last edited by archimedes; 01-19-2020 at 06:46 PM.
    ... is the archimedes peak

So in laymanĎs terms it doesnít matter where the dummy cell is?😁

Flashaholic*

In general, it doesn't matter where the dummy cell is.

--flatline

Well, I caved and grabbed the second last M61. Better get em while there hot guys, last one...

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

You guys better save me an M361 v3. I keep forgetting to order....waiting for someone to send me a discount code

Just got my M31LL. Nice little light at 60 lumens. And should have pretty good run time. Iím surprised at how floody it is in a VME head. Great for close up and lights up a dark room nicely. Will compliment my M61 HOT at work.

Quote Originally Posted by BluGrass View Post
    Just got my M31LL. Nice little light at 60 lumens. And should have pretty good run time. Iím surprised at how floody it is in a VME head. Great for close up and lights up a dark room nicely. Will compliment my M61 HOT at work.

nice!
    ..nothing changes nothing...

Does anyone have any outdoor beam shots of these drop ins? I need to get one out of the next batch.

I havenít bought any lights since my V4 Wildcat when it first came out. I just ordered a MD2 with the 22.3 head/M61N/high/low ring with the tricap. I have a feeling Iím gonna really like it. Thinking about doing the same setup with the 219 drop in.

I have been paying around with my M61LLL V3 and runtimes are pretty dam good. Without getting into to much detail you will get 24 hours of useful light easy off of 2X123. And close to that with a 16650. The first 12-14 is pretty near full power. On the fence as to whether or not I want to get another one.

anyone has a discount code for ilumn
    ..nothing changes nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    I have been paying around with my M61LLL V3 and runtimes are pretty dam good. Without getting into to much detail you will get 24 hours of useful light easy off of 2X123. And close to that with a 16650. The first 12-14 is pretty near full power. On the fence as to whether or not I want to get another one.
    I feel I need to enable you here...the M61LLL 219b V3 has become one of my favorites! I have it in an MD3/MDX22.3 w/ HighLow/Tricap, ostensibly put together as an emergency light, but find I'm using far more frequently around the house. I ordered a duplicate when they were recently restocked.

Excuses, if needed:
    Two is one and one is none.
    It's my favorite!
    That tint!
    Environmentally-conscious runtimes./Fiscally-conservative primary usage.
    Malkoff doesn't sell LLLs on his site.
    There's only x left...

Quote Originally Posted by Tachead View Post
    Well, I caved and grabbed the second last M61. Better get em while there hot guys, last one...

Back order for me, going to be a few weeks......gutted! It showed stock when i bought it, you got one after me i believe ? So said i will wait. Whats a few weeks............

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Back order for me, going to be a few weeks......gutted! It showed stock when i bought it, you got one after me i believe ? So said i will wait. Whats a few weeks............
    Oh crap, bummer. Hopefully more are made quickly.

Mine got here on Monday. I threw it in a MDC 16650 shrouded/VME combo for now. Tint is very close to my M61L 219B V2 but, just a hint more creamy. Colour rendering is great with a bit more pop over a standard SW40 R9050. It's quite bright as well and only a notch under the standard M61N. Beam still has the outer ring as unfortunately Gene still hasn't sourced the proper thickness mpcbs or at least made a batch of brass housings with a slightly higher mpcb shelf(this annoys me as it should have been fixed years ago).

Overall pretty happy with the dropin and look forward to putting it to some use(I took it on duty yesterday actually in a different setup and it worked great).

Nice glad yours has arrived, i am quite *beeped* and might just cancel my order now. Will think on it.

Bummer with the ring, usually in use i dont notice so can live with it(as long as there are not lots of rings).

Cheers enjoy

Would a 22.3 head on md2 help with the outer ring?

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Nice glad yours has arrived, i am quite *beeped* and might just cancel my order now. Will think on it.

Bummer with the ring, usually in use i dont notice so can live with it(as long as there are not lots of rings).

Cheers enjoy
    Yeah, that definitely is a bummer. I wouldn't cancel though as it's honestly really is nice to have a very high CRI 4000K M61 option with Malkoff build quality and durability.

Yeah, it's not that bad at all really as it's just a slight single ring. It more bothers me out of principle as it's an easy fix imo.

Cheers to you as well sir, hope yours comes in short order.

Cheers Tac, sensible words as always. My dummy is stuck back in after spitting it out I shall just spend longer looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by wicky998 View Post
    anyone has a discount code for ilumn
    I asked this earlier in the thread with no response.

@tachead, nice pics

I still haven't ordered my m361v3, but it's not at the top of my priority list atm. I have 2x v2, but wouldn't mind a v3 just for comparison. I do like 4000k r9080 though.

Thanks INFRNL.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel79 View Post
    Would a 22.3 head on md2 help with the outer ring?
    No, it has to do with where the emitter sits in relation to the bottom of the reflector opening. There is just the outer ring, so it doesn't bother me with use. Really only an issue for white. wall hunting. It's usually purpleish iirc

One is in the G2 Nitrolon.

Flashaholic*

There are no coupon codes for Malkoff or limited edition products via Illumn. "Reddit" will get you 10% on most other flashlights, however.

This Friday I think I'm going to try and run through beam shots of my collection. I'll probably start with my Malkoffs, Surefires, Elzettas, and a few other common lights like the Zebra SC62/64. I started doing a bunch of beamshots for my collection, only to find that I didn't end up with an even Exposure Value, let alone nothing that matches up with most other beamshot sites. But I digress, I'll do both some V2 and V3 219b Malkoff versions. I have most of the M61 v3s, a couple v2s, and an MDC 123 and 16650.

ALSO friendly reminder that my 219b v3 MDC survey is still up and running- C&C are estimating a few more weeks at least until the MDC run is ready, so still time to get your input heard!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2RP8X76
    Proud owner, SkyLumen Nguyen #011

List of my lights!

there used to be codes for illumn. I used to know one but it is no longer valid

I would think theyíd make an exception for you my friend

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast