Recommendation for Zebralight headlamp owners

scuttlebutte

Newly Enlightened
So today I researching headlamps, and noticed that many members of CPF recommended Zebralight headlamps. I was close to buying one, but when I went to look at reviews of Zebralight headlamps on Amazon, there were very few product reviews for any of the models, and large proportions of negative reviews relative to other makes of headlamps (e.g., Nitecore, Fenix, Petzl, etc.). I eventually decided on a Nitecore, because the brand was recommended by a few forum members here, and they were heavily reviewed on Amazon, where the two particular models I was choosing between both had exceptionally high marks (>90% 4-/5-star reviews and <6% 1-/2-star reviews).

Because I and many others disproportionately rely on Amazon product reviews when deciding on a product to buy, I was thinking it would help people looking for a high-quality headlamp if more Zebralight headlamp owners were to review their headlamps on Amazon. So if you are reading this and own a Zebralight headlamp, and haven't yet done so, please review your headlamp on Amazon. It could also help current and prospective Zebralight owners to have a more quantitative idea of the quality of Zebralight headlamps (e.g., are there QC issues such that a large proportion of product owners received defective headlamps, even though many last years before developing any major issues?). And if the lights are really that great, reviews on Amazon could help steer the masses towards a superior headlamp instead of all the cheap junk out there that too commonly breaks within less than 2-3 years under light use.

-Eric

P.S. - I am in no way affiliated with Zebralight; nay, I am just an environmental engineer who enjoys the outdoors, who if convinced they must own something prefers to buy high-quality products that are unlikely to crap out prematurely, wasting money and generating more material waste for the earth to shoulder (all that junk adds up when there are 7.5+ billion of us. Soap box moment).

Also, please display civility in your responses. Anyone who violates this term will be spanked with a porcupine.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Hi, Zebralight is highly regarded as one of the best brands, especially for headlamps, with a very good UI and overall quality. Usually people buy directly on their website and not through Amazon, that's why you won't see many reviews there. Also, don't lean too much on amazon reviews, lately there's been an avalanche of "good" reviews in exchange of free products or discounts, especially from the Chinese brands.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
You still have more to learn scuttlebutt. We CPFers keep reviews on Amazon low because we don't want the Amazon public buying up all the Zebralights. They often are out of stock on popular lights and that would only be worse if they have more sales on Amazon.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own many Zebralights, and am a self-confessed fanboy. But, I don't see why I should go out of my way to post positive reviews for Zebralights on Amazon, when I have never bought one there. Does Amazon even allow reviews for stuff you didn't buy there?

Anyway, I don't trust Amazon reviews. Way too many shills giving fake 5-star reviews there. I'll read the 3 and 4 star reviews if I want honest opinions on Amazon.

archimedes

Flashaholic
So today I researching headlamps ....

Because I and many others disproportionately rely on Amazon product reviews when deciding on a product to buy, I was thinking it would help people looking for a high-quality headlamp if more Zebralight headlamp owners were to review their headlamps on Amazon. So if you are reading this and own a Zebralight headlamp, and haven't yet done so, please review your headlamp on Amazon....

And if the lights are really that great, reviews on Amazon could help steer the masses towards a superior headlamp ....

So, you signed up on CPF ... to post this as your first post ? Asking others to post positive reviews on a sales site where very few of us here even buy flashlights ?

P.S. - I am in no way affiliated with Zebralight ....

Why might we think that ? :ironic:

Also, please display civility in your responses. Anyone who violates this term will be spanked with a porcupine.

What an odd thing to say.

.... Usually people buy directly on their website and not through Amazon, that's why you won't see many reviews there. Also, don't lean too much on amazon reviews, lately there's been an avalanche of "good" reviews in exchange of free products or discounts, especially from the Chinese brands.

No kidding ?

.... I don't see why I should go out of my way to post positive reviews for Zebralights on Amazon, when I have never bought one there. Does Amazon even allow reviews for stuff you didn't buy there?

Anyway, I don't trust Amazon reviews. Way too many shills giving fake 5-star reviews there. I'll read the 3 and 4 star reviews if I want honest opinions on Amazon.

Shilling is not allowed here ....

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm... yeah, I didn't notice it was the OP's very first post. Very strange/suspicious post for a 1st-timer.

But since Zebralight doesn't seem to give a s*** about forums, I can't see that this would be their foray into it. So, I don't know what to make of the OP.

scsiguru

Newly Enlightened
Hi, Zebralight is highly regarded as one of the best brands, especially for headlamps, with a very good UI and overall quality. Usually people buy directly on their website and not through Amazon, that's why you won't see many reviews there. Also, don't lean too much on amazon reviews, lately there's been an avalanche of "good" reviews in exchange of free products or discounts, especially from the Chinese brands.

I agree with this. For those that do buy items on Amazon a great site to check the validity of those reviews is www.fakespot.com

This site assigns a grade to the reviews with some general explanation. FWIW I'm in no way affiliated with this site.

Umbrosoccer

Newly Enlightened
i own 6 zebralights ranging from aax ones to 18650 ones. i enjoy them all and have made several youtube videos on the in the past.