Droid 58 Repair?

TinyCrumb

Newly Enlightened
Anyone ever needed to replace o-rings on their 58? I've been using mine daily for a few years now. One o-ring finally split/fell off and the other is super loose and weather beaten. Looks like I could possibly pop the pin out with a punch but don't really wanna mess things up. Or is this something you send it back in for?

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone ever needed to replace o-rings on their 58? I've been using mine daily for a few years now. One o-ring finally split/fell off and the other is super loose and weather beaten. Looks like I could possibly pop the pin out with a punch but don't really wanna mess things up. Or is this something you send it back in for?

I would email Dave directly for resolution. I believe you can contact him at [email protected]

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, you can do it yourself. Push a fine blunt needle into the little hole in the lock lever. What you are pushing on is a wrist watch strap pin (spring bar). Just make sure it does not take off on you. You can release one side and then the other. The size 011 o-rings are on Amazon.

Cheers
Dave