Fenix Outfitters        

Thread: Fenix HM61R ticking all the boxes?

Icon15 Fenix HM61R ticking all the boxes?

da official weight spec is "99.5g (excluding battery)". that's heavy! anyway, is that number with or without headband?

the headband looks pretty bada$$\heavy\uncomfy with all the black plastic parts at the front and rear.

anyway the cheapest offer i could find was 56.92usd shipped thru China Post Registered Air Mail from a fishily new AliX seller 0 feedback. AliX and PP protection reduce buyer's risk to absolute zero but i decided against buying this new model release fenix anyway. it's Fenix first L-shape 1x18650 headlamp release and 100% not their last. why pull the trigger now, what's the hurry? Olight Zebralight Armytek Nietcore a.o. reiterated this form factor countless times over the past decade maturing and perfecting their models year after year, now with Fenix being the very last in the game. no matter if this fenix is very good yet (tint? parasitic drain? magnetic charging technology?) or doesn't become popular, we are going to see an improved successor sooner or later, the HM62R.

so let's give this model series 3.0 year's time to mature and become a flawless strong contender in her class. in fact, i don't want a headlamp that is heavier than my Olight H1 Nova. And the greenish/yellowish tint and tint shift which we are witnessing is totally off putting:

I mean.

Totally.

Last edited by kreisl; 01-01-2020 at 05:56 AM.

Default Re: Fenix HM61R ticking all the boxes?

I'm sure Fenix is able to pull off a new design without issues, they've been making lights for a long time and I think they're good quality. The weight quoted is probably with the headband, but I think it's comparable to others in that form factor. The H1 is very light, and much smaller, how would an 18650 light match it?

You ask if it's ticking all the boxes but there's a lot of negative, do you think the light is crap? Your headband description is self-contradicting too... I'm confused.

The weight of 99.5g includes the headband, and I believe in Fenix quality, they have been producing lights for years.

Actually Fenix HM61R is the lightest headlamp in this class. Especially due to very light "hollow" headband.

Here you can check the weight of Olight H2R, Armytek Wizard Pro and Fenix HM61R with included battery and headband. Only without optional clip (just few grams for each headlamp).

It is also the shortest:

So seems pretty "mature" to me. No need to wait for three years for a new version.

Especially if you check the Fenix HM61 AMBER version which has neutral white tint, direct access to red light with double click from off state and included battery is also equipped with micro-USB for wider charging compatibility. So far it is only available in the Czech republic and Slovakia

Here is the Czech video with the Fenix HM61R Amber

Flashaholic

Does the HM61R step down in high and medium mode to extend the runtimes like the hm65r and hm50r do? If yes, that would be a major deal breaker for me.

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

It does not, it is constant regulated so it maintains stable output untill the battery is depleted.
    Last edited by jirik_cz; 02-14-2020 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jirik_cz View Post
    Actually Fenix HM61R is the lightest headlamp in this class.
    Would you say that the Zebralight H600/H604-seriez headlamps are in the same class?
    Those lights are spec'ed at "39g, 84.6g w/ ZL635 battery, 124.6g w/ ZL635 battery and headband", meaning that the ZL headband weighs 40.0g only and the ZL battery only 45.6g.

How would you describe the tint or the tint of the hotspot on the lower modes of your AMBER hm61r unit?

And what is the parasitic drain in standby mode, were you able to measure it?

Flashaholic*

There is also a Finnish special edition of this light called HM61R Black Edition but I think the only difference might be the black headband.

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    Would you say that the Zebralight H600/H604-seriez headlamps are in the same class?
    Those lights are spec'ed at "39g, 84.6g w/ ZL635 battery, 124.6g w/ ZL635 battery and headband", meaning that the ZL headband weighs 40.0g only and the ZL battery only 45.6g.

How would you describe the tint or the tint of the hotspot on the lower modes of your AMBER hm61r unit?

And what is the parasitic drain in standby mode, were you able to measure it?
    AFAIK Zebralights are not rechargeable and do not have magnetic tailcap, so strictrly speaking they are not in the same "class" like the three headlamps above.

The tint on the neutral white version looks good to me in all modes, I do not see any tint shifts in lower modes, but I'm not a tint snob

Using my DMM the parasitic drain settles to 3.9 micro Amps in off state after few seconds. That should draw the battery in 102 years. Good enough for me