Questions for Delta Ti owners

Newguy2012

Enlightened
Anyone here own a Delta ti and heavily uses it? Does the ti on copper threads requires a bit more maintenance than the EN?
What's the lumen maintenance penalty of using Ti? I own a nichia 219c 4000k hcri and sadly lost today, but the tested lumen was 855. I'm considering the heftier Ti version as a replacement if the lumen maintenance penalty isn't too drastic.

jkid1911

Enlightened
Anyone here own a Delta ti and heavily uses it? Does the ti on copper threads requires a bit more maintenance than the EN?
What's the lumen maintenance penalty of using Ti? I own a nichia 219c 4000k hcri and sadly lost today, but the tested lumen was 855. I'm considering the heftier Ti version as a replacement if the lumen maintenance penalty isn't too drastic.
I've never owned one in Ti, but can't imagine the difference should deter you from it. However, I'll defer to actual owners for a more technical response. I love my EN...!

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Copper on Ti is sweet! I notice no different amount of cleaning and lubing is needed.
There is an unmeasurable amount of visual loss in the two I've tested Raw and Stone Washed.
Jason uses Grade3 "CP2" which is a far better conductor than Grade 5 6AL-4V. You are familiar
that the measurable output mainly depends upon the LED's chosen. I will get some light meter
testing done using the same copper pill on a Ti body versus an En body, and report back. GL

Newguy2012

Enlightened
The Copper on Ti is sweet! I notice no different amount of cleaning and lubing is needed.
There is an unmeasurable amount of visual loss in the two I've tested Raw and Stone Washed.
Jason uses Grade3 "CP2" which is a far better conductor than Grade 5 6AL-4V. You are familiar
that the measurable output mainly depends upon the LED's chosen. I will get some light meter
testing done using the same copper pill on a Ti body versus an En body, and report back. GL
Actually I think Jason uses Grade 5 Ti for the delta. That's what it says on his website. Do you have his Munky Spunk stuff?

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually I think Jason uses Grade 5 Ti for the delta. That's what it says on his website. Do you have his Munky Spunk stuff?
Yes, I have had the Munky spunk for a while now. Munkey spunk works excellent on Ti on Ti threads. I have used them extensively on 47's and other brands. I haven't needed any on his in shop made Ti Beta's or the copper on Ti Delta's. My comment was based on the previous Alpha Ti's machined from CP2 for their better thermal conductivity properties. The Prometheus machined Ti threads feel superior to any other Ti threaded lights I own or have tried. The switch to the Grade 5 in the Delta's was possible due to it's design and solid Copper driver pill. Thank You, I got confused . . ., :poke:, and corrected :D.

Last edited: