Acebeam        
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 691011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Lounge 2020

Default Re: The Lounge 2020

Keep getting requests to show more behind the scene mod work so here some Olight Xvn90 Mod pics.

De-Lens = Removing the lens box over the LED die. The LED must be handled much more carefully as exposed LED die and especially the numerous bond wires are extremely fragile.
    Removing this Lens box net around 5% gain in performance, a whiter tint, and sometime a larger hot spot and better focus as the LED die can go deeper into the reflector for better focus.

DriverVNX2 is potted and glued directly onto the head body for best heat sinking. Floating drivers will not last long!

LED MCPCB is hand trimmed for max surface area available for heat sinking to host.

Always run the shortest and fattest wires that space allow for least resistance

Always solder bond LED MCPCB to host whenever possible. Not the case we have here so thermal epoxy with lots of force during curing is the next best thing.

Center the reflector around the LED and check for beam focus. Adjust height until best beam is achieved. Finally, glue the reflector in place for fixed focus.

Switch assemblies usually need to be upgraded to reduce resistance and or operation for specific LED and driver configurations. Definitely the case we have here for fluid operation of the SBT90 with DriverVNX2 and this unique E-Switch.

Final product yield north of 5400L and 135Kcd with a perfect focus intense beam. Excellent tactical light really.
    Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 07-02-2020 at 01:38 PM.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Xvn90 is 5400L @2s. Not sure why I typed 4000L
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Love the behind the scene shots, Vinh!
    There are a lot of complex details under the hood besides the light bulb, LOL. It's the accumulation of these small details the make a V54 light SHINE!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Very cool - thanks for sharing

Yes very nice to see the work you put in, pity i cant get this light its a ripper customs would just confiscate it again...

Quote Originally Posted by daffy View Post
    Yes very nice to see the work you put in, pity i cant get this light its a ripper customs would just confiscate it again...
    I am so sorry to hear about your loss on this light. I still couldn't get over the fact that they just take it away. If the light had a flat bezel do you think it would still be a problem?
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Btw - can that Xvn90 have anduril? Iíve never had an olight I didnít realize it was an e switch.

Quote Originally Posted by 1313 View Post
    Btw - can that Xvn90 have anduril? YEs
    Iíve never had an olight I didnít realize it was an e switch.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Standing by for beam shots.

Quote Originally Posted by atsteele View Post
    Standing by for beam shots.
    If you are asking about Xvn90 its already shipped. But its excellent. hahah
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

A couple sbt90s and the rest have W2s. Cheers dudes

I haven't done a sale in a long time huh?
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    I haven't done a sale in a long time huh?
    Oh snap! Here we go haha.
    Sometimes we don't get what we pray for. Sometimes we get much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1322 View Post
    Oh snap! Here we go haha.
    Its hard to do them in this economy since sales arent great for business. At least mines...
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Its hard to do them in this economy since sales arent great for business. At least mines...
    I have never bought a light from you that was listed in a sale. Approximately 15 of them were items that I just had to have right away as soon as they were announced, and approximately 15 of them were ones that took me a while to stumble upon months after you announced them. I have carefully watched your sales and have always felt joy for people such as star_c_star and aginthelaw who scored top lights. Ready to ship doesnít have to be a sale at discount; maybe just a list?

I'm sure. You certainly don't need to feel you should do one. I doubt anyone would have bad feelings if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by richbuff View Post
    I have never bought a light from you that was listed in a sale. Approximately 15 of them were items that I just had to have right away as soon as they were announced, and approximately 15 of them were ones that took me a while to stumble upon months after you announced them. I have carefully watched your sales and have always felt joy for people such as star_c_star and aginthelaw who scored top lights. Ready to ship doesnít have to be a sale at discount; maybe just a list?
    That's cool that you have the conviction to only pay full price for Vinh's lights. Personally I have a hard time passing up a good deal, and being I'm kind of addicted to awesome lights I love having more Vinh lights.
    Sometimes we don't get what we pray for. Sometimes we get much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1322 View Post
    I'm sure. You certainly don't need to feel you should do one. I doubt anyone would have bad feelings if you don't.
    I also think so.

At the same time seeing that shipping is $22 I looked around your store to see if I wanted to add something to that KR1 order. Nothing was tempting enough but a sale would make me reconsider.
    But I'd need to know it's on the horizon, otherwise I'd not wait and just order this light.

Quote Originally Posted by Agpp View Post
    I also think so.

At the same time seeing that shipping is $22 I looked around your store to see if I wanted to add something to that KR1 order. Nothing was tempting enough but a sale would make me reconsider.
    But I'd need to know it's on the horizon, otherwise I'd not wait and just order this light.
    Send me an email on this. I will show u some ways to save.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I am so sorry to hear about your loss on this light. I still couldn't get over the fact that they just take it away. If the light had a flat bezel do you think it would still be a problem?
    That would be me guessing but all the other lights i have received from the USA all have had a mildly crenellated bezel in some way and its never been an issue. Someone in customs was having a bad day or wanted thelight more than i did.
    I just ordered a KR1 from you as well the SLN to come back i would not expect any drama with either of those as the SLN has already been through customs a few times. We have some really stupid laws here, after the last supposed gun ban you can still buy a lot of the pre ban weapons its just a bit harder to get the correct licence. So the whole BAN thing was a total joke, if you ban something its my interpretation that its gone for good. I had a nice cache of guns before all these stupid buybacks and i handed them all back as Iím a bit too honest at times. 2 of them i could have kept as neither of them were registered. Plus one of the weapons used in the Port Arthur massacre was one that had been handed in for destruction FFS, i watched all mine get crushed as painful as it was.

ToyKeeper has opened an interesting topic: "The end is nigh... for lighting efficiency", posted out there in another location of the flashlight webosphere. It is an interesting read.
    It has been one year since an Arlington police officer defended himself against a loose, charging dog. In this case, someone other than the dogs' owner did Not reap the initial tragic consequences. Usually it is an innocent victim that gets it.

Did you ever measure the output and throw of the micro gtvn90?

Has there been any interest for an e series head with one of your drivers? Maybe some heads from lumensfactory and put your drivers in them with different leds. Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SKV89 View Post
    Did you ever measure the output and throw of the micro gtvn90?
    I have one of those coming, complete with spec measurements.

Nice. I wo der which cell he used for the measurements. Makes a big difference.

Good point. I have the new Vapcell H10 ready, but I'll ask Vinh what he is using to test.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    I have the new Vapcell H10 ready
    Where did you get it?

Brandless LEP
    Size performance slot right in between W10vn V2 and W30vn

1.2Mcd for $200 is amazing ;-)

[img]undefined[/img]

Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 07-15-2020 at 11:26 AM.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Brandless LEP
    Size performance slot right in between W10vn V2 and W30vn

1.2Mcd for $200 is amazing ;-)

[img]undefined[/img]

Wow
    very impressive indeed. Is it possible to take a picture next to a w10v2vn? Or where can i see dimensions? Is it a tail switch i see as well?

Quote Originally Posted by b8llzblue View Post
    very impressive indeed. Is it possible to take a picture next to a w10v2vn? Or where can i see dimensions? Is it a tail switch i see as well?
    Side switch

I dont have a W10vn V2. I sold mine :-(
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Who's ready for this Monster

mf05 2 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
    mf05 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
    astrolux-mf05-sbt902-7500lm-2500000cd-3162m by Alex Littig, on Flickr
    Flashlights: X65vn,Tn42vn, Boss1vn, X6vn SSCU, X5 kronos, U21vn, m43vn, FD41vn, SDminivn, H20vn, E01vn, Catapult v5, Bkfa09s, XT15, S10R Baton III, 55w hid spotlight 1,100,000cd

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 691011121314151617 LastLast