HDS Systems        
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: The Lounge 2020

Default Re: The Lounge 2020

Quote Originally Posted by wimmer21 View Post
    Noctigon KR1vn or Lumintop X9Lvn WHICH ONE SHOULD I BUY... AND WHY??

The X9Lvn appears to be smaller, which I like.
    The KR1vn will get more runtime with the 21700... not a huge deal for me.
    As far as throw the KR1vn is listed at 166Kcd compared to 110Kcd. Both have similar power output so I assume the KR1 has a larger reflector? I love my throw but sometimes a little larger hotspot is more useful.
    the X9Lvn has 166kcd and the Kr1vn has 110 kcd
    Flashlights: R90TS, Maxtoch Xsword L2K LEP, K75vn, Fire Fox FF-5 3400k, Fire Fox FF-5 6000K, Wowtac A4, K1VN90, Weben L60, Fenix LD42, W10VN, BLF 18650 flashlight, UVBEAST V3, LM10VN90, Brandless LEP, F21VN, E10VN VNX2 W2.1, Nitcore TIP SE

Hello wimmer21, The KR1vn takes 18650 or 18350. The only reason why I am sitting on the fence with the X9Lvn is because I love my KR1vn so much. I only have two SBT90 leds in my collection: The K75 that I love and is so exciting, and the KR1. I thought that the SBT90 would not be so great in anything less than a very large reflector light, but I proved myself wrong. What the KR1vn does, as far as beam profile and beam performance, in its size class; and the huge, for me, subjective like factor, makes it a winner. Buy the KR1vn first, because it is very Vn.
    Think of how hostile the average surface of the earth is, and realize half of the surface of the earth is more hostile than that.

Thanks for the help, guys! Much appreciated.

I'm on it, richbuff!

EDIT: KR1vn order placed!!
    Last edited by wimmer21; 08-11-2020 at 09:04 PM.

Vinh do you plan to make any regulated drivers (constant current, buck, or boost)? I would like the lights to be able to sustain a good amount of output to make them practical as well as a party trick turbo light. Hank's new driver allows us to choose 5A or 7.5A regulated with direct drive turbo. Pretty sweet because at 5A or 7.5A depending on which light, it can sustain a very usable high output.

Quote Originally Posted by SKV89 View Post
    Vinh do you plan to make any regulated drivers (constant current, buck, or boost)? I would like the lights to be able to sustain a good amount of output to make them practical as well as a party trick turbo light. Hank's new driver allows us to choose 5A or 7.5A regulated with direct drive turbo. Pretty sweet because at 5A or 7.5A depending on which light, it can sustain a very usable high output.
    That does sound pretty sweet. How does the user select which amps he would like?

I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I do have regulated boosted drivers but I rarely use them. First off they are bulky and doesn't fit in most lights. They are HOT so Turbo runtime is limited but the driver overheating and not by the actual light overheating. Adding extra heat sink directly to the driver helps but space is always limited. An example would be one of my DriverVN4 buck driver made for P60vn with 2S input and 1S output. The driver gets hot so fast that a typical brass pill to reflector is not sufficient to cool it. If we use it with quad copper slugs then soldering the driver to the quad slug is almost impossible due to the high heat required for soldering.

Direct driven drivers are not ideal for all applications and perhaps not the most efficient but for the applications that apply I dont see how they are "impractical". Turbo is direct driven but all the other levels below it are regulated.

Examples like the Acebeams K75 having to step down way early to protect the driver while the light housing is still chilly.

Also way over driven low voltage input boost driver can only sustain its regulation for a very short amount of time before dramatic volatge drop anyways.

In conclusions every light will have its own variables which dictates what type of drivers is suitable but generally speaking if you are pushing extreme amps a compact single cell light its hard not to use direct driven turbos.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

This person is looking for a SLN if you got one to sell:
    nmdk164@gmail.com
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

So all of your drivers have regulated low modes? Up to what current? How are they regulated? 7135 chips? Do you think you can buy Hank's drivers or Loneocean drivers that is said to be 90%+ efficiency? Neal will be selling the Loneocean drivers when its ready.

Quote Originally Posted by b8llzblue View Post
    That does sound pretty sweet. How does the user select which amps he would like?
    You have to email him your custom driver requirements. The options are:
    5A regulated no direct drive
    7.5A regulated no direct drive
    5A regulated with direct drive turbo
    7.5A regulated with direct drive turbo

I love the 7.5A regulated with dd turbo with my KR4 16x E21A 4500K mule!

Vinh, do you know which bin is the W2.1 you get from L4P? I think it was the lowest or one of the lowest bin if I remember correctly. Convoy just stocked some W2.1 at the 3rd highest bin 8RF!
    https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4001352708356.html

Vinh, do you know which bin is the W2.1 you get from L4P? I think it was the lowest or one of the lowest bin if I remember correctly. Convoy just stocked some W2.1 at the 3rd highest bin 8RF!
    https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4001352708356.html
    Mines are the same bin
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

So all of your drivers have regulated low modes? Up to what current? How are they regulated? 7135 chips? Do you think you can buy Hank's drivers or Loneocean drivers that is said to be 90%+ efficiency? Neal will be selling the Loneocean drivers when its ready.
    I will post all the details soon.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

GT4 90.2 version is confirmed for factory production!

Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    GT4 90.2 version is confirmed for factory production!
    OH my. This might outperform my R90TS
    Flashlights: R90TS, Maxtoch Xsword L2K LEP, K75vn, Fire Fox FF-5 3400k, Fire Fox FF-5 6000K, Wowtac A4, K1VN90, Weben L60, Fenix LD42, W10VN, BLF 18650 flashlight, UVBEAST V3, LM10VN90, Brandless LEP, F21VN, E10VN VNX2 W2.1, Nitcore TIP SE

Going off of previous experience, we should expect 4x the lumens for roughly the same amount of throw. So if GT90 was 5000 lumens and 1.8mcd, then the GT4 90 should have 20,000 lumens and 1.6-1.8mcd.

There was talk (and a pic) of very large multi-emitter 90.2 from Acebeam a while ago, and Imalent may possibly have such in the works, too. Three, four, five, fourteen or 18 emitters: Collect all five!
    Think of how hostile the average surface of the earth is, and realize half of the surface of the earth is more hostile than that.

Man I was pretty set on ordering the GT4 and now this. These decisions are getting tough.

GT4 just came in. Wow this thing is SUPER HEFTY! I will try it out tonight and let yall know hot it is stock.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    GT4 just came in. Wow this thing is SUPER HEFTY! I will try it out tonight and let yall know hot it is stock.
    Any more news on this?

Well Lumintop heard you guys(well actually Texas Ace) and the brand new Lumintop BLF GT94 will soon be available for preorder. Can you guess which emitters are in it?

OOPs twistedraven is already there, with the video above. This time the plan is to offer an option, to buy just the new head or the complete light.
    Last edited by Zandar; 08-19-2020 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    Im IN for the GT94VN. This will give my R90TS a run for its money.

I just bought a $1000 pressure washer from Home Depot and the plastic handle broke from dropping it where I stand to go turn off the pressure washer. I am guessing the plastic might have defects in it already as it shouldn't have broke. Anyhow, I called Dewalt and the agent told me that my handle isn't cover under warranty because I dropped it. I asked her what was I suppose to do? Lay it down on the ground lightly? Its a tool that was meant to be dropped where you stand. In my case it was less than 1m high since I am a shorty! She then said you don't drop your phone and expect it to be OK. I lost it and went off on her. I was like how can you compare a heavy duty industrial tool to a fragile glass phone? As far as I know everyone drop their pressure washer hose wand exactly where they stand to go turn it off. She then insist that its still my fault that I shouldn't have dropped it. Then I questioned how was I suppose to handle it then. She stayed quite. I had to asked her 4 times if she was still there. She was hoping I would just hang up but I was persistent as I know she is STILL there. Then she said she will transfer me to her supervisor. Put me on hold for a couple of minutes and then return and asked for serial, name and address. I guess her Supervisor told her send the kid a new handle. There is no way we are getting off the hook with this. Damn Dewalt customer service!

Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 08-20-2020 at 01:05 PM.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I just bought a $1000 pressure washer from Home Depot and the plastic handle broke from dropping it where I stand to go turn off the pressure washer. I am guessing the plastic might have defects in it already as it shouldn't have broke. Anyhow, I called Dewalt and the agent told me that my handle isn't cover under warranty because I dropped it. I asked her what was I suppose to do? Lay it down on the ground lightly? Its a tool that was meant to be dropped where you stand. In my case it was less than 1m high since I am a shorty! She then said you don't drop your phone and expect it to be OK. I lost it and went off on her. I was like how can you compare a heavy duty industrial tool to a fragile glass phone? As far as I know everyone drop their pressure washer hose wand exactly where they stand to go turn it off. She then insist that its still my fault that I shouldn't have dropped it. Then I questioned how was I suppose to handle it then. She stayed quite. I had to asked her 4 times if she was still there. She was hoping I would just hang up but I was persistent as I know she is STILL there. Then she said she will transfer me to her supervisor. Put me on hold for a couple of minutes and then return and asked for serial, name and address. I guess her Supervisor told her send the kid a new handle. There is no way we are getting off the hook with this. Damn Dewalt customer service!

I agree with you. Electronic stuff should not be dropped. But construction contractor tools are expected to see real-world use.

The handle broke due to faulty design, inferior material or faulty workmanship, or all three.

That $1000 pressure washer probably wouldn't pass many of the tests Vinh used on his Sky Lumen SLN!!!!

But it certainly shouldn't have been damaged by normal use.
    Modded Flashlights: 4 Sky Lumen SLNs * 3 Acebeam W30vn * Acebeam X80UVvn * Acebeam X70vnSD * 3 BLF GTvn90 * 2 TN42vn90 * TN42vn Oslon * RC40vn40 * X65vn * 2 REV-Victor Enth * 2 DEFT-X's * Tmack Lasers: 3 C11s * 2 Cypreus * 3 Tmag super

I am giving away 3 lights on FB Flashlight Fanatics page or anyone interested. :-)
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Any way to get one of those free light? I donít have FB anymore.
    SureFire - Quality and brilliance

Quote Originally Posted by K2-bk-bl-rd View Post
    Any way to get one of those free light? I donít have FB anymore.
    I used to held giveaways here once or twice a month but on the last few most people where not interested so I stopped.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I used to held giveaways here once or twice a month but on the last few most people where not interested so I stopped.
    How could anyone not be interested in free Vinh lights!?!

The Dewalt thing is crazy. She must have been having a bad day. That's the type of thing that will lose customers for life, and others when they hear about it.
    Sometimes we don't get what we pray for. Sometimes we get much more.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718192021 LastLast