FourSevens        
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415

Thread: The Lounge 2020

Default Re: The Lounge 2020

Whoa! A Cerakoted TK17 with bronze-ish HC.... or it it Ti Nitrate? In any case, that's a pretty combo!

Vinh, your Blazer .40 ammo. It should be available.

I've seen a good number of people, including myself, using Blazer Aluminum in their "go-bags" because it's significantly lighter in weight. 9mm is about 8oz per 100rds, or 1lb per 200rds lighter than brass. This difference for the .40 is even a bit more. It's also a fairly warm round with good reliability. I've shot a ton of it over the years.

Hmmm interesting to know
    Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 06-06-2020 at 10:23 PM.

Some builds are just pain...

The bezel and front lens are plastic. Bonded together with glue. I added marks to the head rim in order to tear it all out. I had to add some cosmetic alteration to improve the looks. New 3mm tempered dual side AR lens is installed, new orings fitted, modded the reflector, New W2.1 on copper installed, Power boost to the original circuit, AHC to bezel interior to eliminate ring glare. The outside of the bezel can be polished also to match the head polished trimming or leave as is. The light now produces a great beam with a good throw.

I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

The mags for this thing are slick! I'm working on putting grip tape on them so I don't fumble them like I did in the video lol
    Also need a light for this gun, the P60 I had in it (which I think was potted) is now flickering after my first range trip with it today(~60rounds), so it's going to have to be built bomb proof!

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDissent View Post
    The mags for this thing are slick! I'm working on putting grip tape on them so I don't fumble them like I did in the video lol
    Also need a light for this gun, the P60 I had in it (which I think was potted) is now flickering after my first range trip with it today(~60rounds), so it's going to have to be built bomb proof!

Doing drill with 50BMG...What a bad ass!
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    It's the most fun I've had with a gun, ever. The recoil really isnt bad at all, but the weight will wear you out quick if you're shoulder strength and endurance aren't up there. 60 rounds of drills with it, after 2 hours of handgun and 556 drills, and I was spent. I wanted to get more footage and a reload that wasn't such a fail, but having my buddy stand in the muzzle blast to film it was a lot to ask. I'm going to have to bring a holder for my phone for next time.
    I really love this thing.

That looks really good for street carry. Bad guys would get the message.

Imalent MS03vn has appeared on the sky lumen website. I ordered two, because I had a credit due to NSX 53 vn distribution was too limited to get the four that I had ordered a few months ago. So I have one of those, will have two of these, and I did give two FW21 pro vn to two friends a few days ago. MT07vn is also coming, too.
    For less performance, use smaller flashlights; and for most performance, use largest flashlights.

Flashaholic*

AD, I wonder if wrapping the light body with thin strips of urethane sheet. So the light is suspended like a soft bushing between Al body and mounting rings to absorb the shock. You would have to open up rings or custom make them.. Just a thought

I got the two Imalent MS03vn a few hours ago, along with the extra long original Imalent protected usb-c cells, and four Vinh custom unprotected 21700 cells to run the light, and two VP8 chargers to charge the longer cells and have digital readout. The Vinh custom cells are much easier to use, because normal tighten the tail cap works great, but the Imalent cells require that the tail cap be tightened very tight to make contact and power the light. I will attach a photo comparing this light with several others.

The very first impression: Very nice quality box, not just plain cardboard. Next first impression: The V54 engraving looks great on the head, it really adds a ton of cachet. Something different: The bezel. The bezel is too different to figure out, but it is working great, if it even is a bezel. The tail cap says "Built in 21700 battery", but I think it should say: "User removable usb-c extra long protected battery included", if it has to say anything at all about the battery at that location.

Worlds smallest triple XHP70.2 reflectored light, and Vinh approved, too!

//edit: Link to size comparison pic: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...=1#post5396981
    Last edited by richbuff; 06-15-2020 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Added link to size comprison pic.

Quote Originally Posted by knucklegary View Post
    AD, I wonder if wrapping the light body with thin strips of urethane sheet. So the light is suspended like a soft bushing between Al body and mounting rings to absorb the shock. You would have to open up rings or custom make them.. Just a thought
    Worth a shot, thanks for the idea!

Posting a video with the dropped magazine part included was pretty cool too. Keeping it real.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Posting a video with the dropped magazine part included was pretty cool too. Keeping it real.
    Absolutely! I make lots of mistakes in all areas of my life, and I try my best to learn something from them all. Lesson in that one is that trying to do a speed reload with a really large, really slick, 4 pound magazine isn't easy! I've added more grip tape to parts of the mag, and that made it better, but as with most motor skills, practice is the big one. I hate dropping the mags though, they're $150 a piece! I've been practice at home standing on my wife's yoga mat

Here are 10 round Barrett mags next to a 20 round 5.56 pmag;

Reposting this from another thread:

I went with the olight warrior x pro modded by vinh with sbt90, polished bezel and modded samsung 40t 21700's. Someone said the Xvn only had 2 modes, it came with instructions; fast clicking tailcap 8 times brings you into the mode selection menu, I wanted mode 12: 100,-90-70-50-30-10-5(something like that) and double click for strobe. The light remembers the last setting so i always keep it set to 100. Ui is exceptional as is build quality. The light has some sort of glowing chemical around the front that turns green when the light comes on. Added bonus it can be used to jab someone in the face if necessary as it has one of those delf defense style rings around the front-the things with the spikes typically although this time they are subtle.

My main qualifications were:

1. Absolutely brutally bright. My friend accidentally shined it in my eye for a second, I had a burn spot in my vision for more than 10 minutes. It eventually went away but I was terrified I might have permanent dsmage. This this is devastatingly bright, if a bad guy takes this thing to the face on 100 with eyes open, hes essentially out of the fight. My most important qualification has been far exceeded, extremely blinding light is my most important qualification in a self defense light.

2. My next requirement was that it must be a tail clicker.

3. My final requirement was that it he pocketable and it is.

This light coming out of this thing will burn your hand in just a few seconds if you put your hand on it with 100.

Highly recommend Xvn to everyone looking for a brutally bright pocketable edc eith self defense aspects to it and a ton of modes to choose from. I really think the way this thing focuses the beam(small intense hot spot, massive throw 135-145ish kcd, 4100-4300 lumen. These are my estimates) really contributes to how blinding it is. All that intensity is focused right into your eyes if you hit someone in the face with it. That being said, it gets very hot very fast which isnt a problem for me, i just want max blinding power and massive throw in a dmall package. Mission accomplished.

Just ordered a Lumintop GTvn Mini W2.1
    At 1300 lumen & 300Kcd it should give a few minutes of max throw before backing off due to heat. This will go nicely with my MT07vn W2.1, 7700 lumen & 115Kcd, each in a pocket. The pair will take care of 90% of my needs and serve as back up to each other. Along with a small EDC light, my daily, or should I say nightly, tasks will be covered. Of course, a cabinet full of flashlights, mostly V54's, are available for playtime!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ike1985 View Post

I went with the olight warrior x pro modded by vinh with sbt90, polished bezel and modded samsung 40t 21700's. Someone said the Xvn only had 2 modes, it came with instructions; fast clicking tailcap 8 times brings you into the mode selection menu, I wanted mode 12: 100,-90-70-50-30-10-5(something like that) and double click for strobe. The light remembers the last setting so i always keep it set to 100. Ui is exceptional as is build quality. The light has some sort of glowing chemical around the front that turns green when the light comes on. Added bonus it can be used to jab someone in the face if necessary as it has one of those delf defense style rings around the front-the things with the spikes typically although this time they are subtle.

1. Absolutely brutally bright. My friend accidentally shined it in my eye for a second, I had a burn spot in my vision for more than 10 minutes. It eventually went away but I was terrified I might have permanent dsmage. This this is devastatingly bright, if a bad guy takes this thing to the face on 100 with eyes open, hes essentially out of the fight. My most important qualification has been far exceeded, extremely blinding light is my most important qualification in a self defense light.

This light coming out of this thing will burn your hand in just a few seconds if you put your hand on it with 100.

Highly recommend Xvn to everyone looking for a brutally bright pocketable edc eith self defense aspects to it and a ton of modes to choose from. I really think the way this thing focuses the beam(small intense hot spot, massive throw 135-145ish kcd, 4100-4300 lumen. These are my estimates) really contributes to how blinding it is. All that intensity is focused right into your eyes if you hit someone in the face with it. That being said, it gets very hot very fast which isnt a problem for me, i just want max blinding power and massive throw in a dmall package. Mission accomplished.
    Nice! I'm so jealous! Haha. I have the stock ones but not one of Vinh's. The stock driver gives 2 modes but when Vinh switches out the driver then you get the other choices which, in my opinion, makes the light a lot more useful.
    Sometimes we don't get what we pray for. Sometimes we get much more.

Lumintop GTvn Mini W2 (left) vs Eagletac S200C2vn XPG2 (right) Flashlights

The GTvn Mini doubles both lumen and cd performance of the S200C2vn.

The first V54 light I bought was the S200C2vn, four or five years ago. I've been immensely pleased with it throw to size ratio. Finally it will take a backseat and get some well deserved rest.

Thank you, Vinh for yet another amazing flashlight!

Last edited by MAD777; 06-23-2020 at 02:03 PM.

Sometimes it sucks living in AU...all my guns r gone long ago..
    Reduced loads or just that super effective muzzle brake?
    Last edited by daffy; 06-25-2020 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ike1985 View Post

AU customs seized my Warrior X Pro from vinh, torches as well call them, they classified it as a torch for self defense even though Olight sells them here anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by daffy View Post
    AU customs seized my Warrior X Pro from vinh, torches as well call them, they classified it as a torch for self defense even though Olight sells them here anyway.
    That's horrible!

Someone has himself a brand new Warrior X Pro for free.
    Sometimes we don't get what we pray for. Sometimes we get much more.

Does anyone have a spraying machine for TiO2 or ZnSe ?? For example Oxford instruments Ionfab 300 or similar?

Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    That's horrible!

OH crapppp is this recent???
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1322 View Post
    Someone has himself a brand new Warrior X Pro for free.
    Thats exactly what i thought too, wouldnt surprise me at all

OH crapppp is this recent???
    If your referring to me Vinh then yes.
    My SLN arrived at LAX yesterday so that will arrive soon.
    As i am not a fan of NW in throwers all i wanted was the LED change.

You have sent me lights with way more aggressive bezels that got through fine.

If your referring to me Vinh then yes.
    My SLN arrived at LAX yesterday so that will arrive soon.
    As i am not a fan of NW in throwers all i wanted was the LED change.

You have sent me lights with way more aggressive bezels that got through fine.
    So they just confiscate the light and that's that?! That would be a HUGE lost.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

So glad for you Vinhnguyen54 and for your family. You will definitely become a more realized human than ever before. Positive Prayers for all of you, especially your wife.

Yes, Vinh! A huge congratulations on your expanding family. You all are in my prayers. My youngest daughter is expecting her 1st child at 31 years old. Exciting times all around!

So they just confiscate the light and that's that?! That would be a HUGE lost.
    Yes.
    You can apply to get the light back, but if they determine its a legal seizure you automatically lose and get a court proceeding against you to recover their costs..in other words they make it not worthwile to claim so i didnt.

Sold 3 bikes, and 2 guns to afford this baby
    Which configuration do you guys like more?

A for my 2 cents worth

A

B

Absolutely! I make lots of mistakes in all areas of my life, and I try my best to learn something from them all. Lesson in that one is that trying to do a speed reload with a really large, really slick, 4 pound magazine isn't easy! I've added more grip tape to parts of the mag, and that made it better, but as with most motor skills, practice is the big one. I hate dropping the mags though, they're $150 a piece! I've been practice at home standing on my wife's yoga mat

Here are 10 round Barrett mags next to a 20 round 5.56 pmag;

On my tiny 308 mags I use grip tape to protect when dropped and to add some grip to not drop. Personally from the bottom up about a 2" band

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415