FourSevens        
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516

Thread: The Lounge 2020

Default Re: The Lounge 2020

Keep getting requests to show more behind the scene mod work so here some Olight Xvn90 Mod pics.

De-Lens = Removing the lens box over the LED die. The LED must be handled much more carefully as exposed LED die and especially the numerous bond wires are extremely fragile.
    Removing this Lens box net around 5% gain in performance, a whiter tint, and sometime a larger hot spot and better focus as the LED die can go deeper into the reflector for better focus.

DriverVNX2 is potted and glued directly onto the head body for best heat sinking. Floating drivers will not last long!

LED MCPCB is hand trimmed for max surface area available for heat sinking to host.

Always run the shortest and fattest wires that space allow for least resistance

Always solder bond LED MCPCB to host whenever possible. Not the case we have here so thermal epoxy with lots of force during curing is the next best thing.

Center the reflector around the LED and check for beam focus. Adjust height until best beam is achieved. Finally, glue the reflector in place for fixed focus.

Switch assemblies usually need to be upgraded to reduce resistance and or operation for specific LED and driver configurations. Definitely the case we have here for fluid operation of the SBT90 with DriverVNX2 and this unique E-Switch.

Final product yield north of 5400L and 135Kcd with a perfect focus intense beam. Excellent tactical light really.
    Last edited by vinhnguyen54; Today at 01:38 PM.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Default Re: The Lounge 2020

Xvn90 is 5400L @2s. Not sure why I typed 4000L
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516