Klarus        
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lounge 2020

Default Re: The Lounge 2020

Rich, what a pair of neat lights! I'm happy for you and I laughed when I read your story of showing the 47s to people but not wanting the light dinged. Such a flashoholic!

If you have time, it would be great to hear your thoughts about the Nitecore. It's quite unique and I think you're the first CPF member to get one and post about it.

Vinh, any idea what kind of crazy project you would want to do with a crazy host like this upcoming Astrolux MF05?

Quote Originally Posted by SKV89 View Post
    Vinh, any idea what kind of crazy project you would want to do with a crazy host like this upcoming Astrolux MF05?

This is something I would rarely ever use but must have for my collection! Hopefully the stock driver can drive the LED to its edge otherwise Richard and I will come up with something else if our 30A Scylla is not enough.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Looks like the Astrolux MF05vn is another Vinh light I must add to my collection.
    Modded: 2 REV-Victor Enth * 2 DEFT-X's * 3 BLF GTvn90 * 2 TN42vn90 * TN42vn Oslon * RC40vn40 * X65vn * Tmack: c11(638nm 957mw * 405nm 1w * v2 445nm 2.83w) * Cypreus (405nm 1w * 445nm 2.72w) * Tmag super (445nm 5.6w * 445nm 3.2w * 520nm 1.5w)

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    This is something I would rarely ever use but must have for my collection! Hopefully the stock driver can drive the LED to its edge otherwise Richard and I will come up with something else if our 30A Scylla is not enough.
    U said that perfectly. I feel the same way. I wished they would release two versions. I love the huge head and that heat sink is so attractive. It looks like a light that should be brighter than just 5000 Lumens. They should make a 4x reflector at least. For 4x sbt90ís haha

Quote Originally Posted by b8llzblue View Post
    U said that perfectly. I feel the same way. I wished they would release two versions. I love the huge head and that heat sink is so attractive. It looks like a light that should be brighter than just 5000 Lumens. They should make a 4x reflector at least. For 4x sbt90ís haha
    Yeah I would rather have 4 LED too. Since for a light this big I want the output to match the size. We already got 3Mcd W30vn so peak throw numbers isnt as holy as it used to be anymore especially when we can have it in a very small size.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Yeah I would rather have 4 LED too. Since for a light this big I want the output to match the size. We already got 3Mcd W30vn so peak throw numbers isnt as holy as it used to be anymore especially when we can have it in a very small size.
    Exactly my point. And if they do decide to do a v2 with 4x emitters, change the handle to accept 8x 21700...that would make for a epic light!

We already got 3Mcd W30vn
    Rats!!! I thought I had the world record

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I think that footprint really works against us when it comes to so many high output multi-emitters. For example, is it even possible to use those in the D4vn, FW3vn, MT07vn, ROT66vn V2, MT18Svn, or D18vn, with existing optics?

Do you know what flux bin is the W2.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    I think that footprint really works against us when it comes to so many high output multi-emitters. For example, is it even possible to use those in the D4vn, FW3vn, MT07vn, ROT66vn V2, MT18Svn, or D18vn, with existing optics?
    Optics? Yes. MCPCBs are a problem though.

currently cant get stock on W2.1
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Too Nice!

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    Rich, what a pair of neat lights! I'm happy for you and I laughed when I read your story of showing the 47s to people but not wanting the light dinged. Such a flashoholic!

If you have time, it would be great to hear your thoughts about the Nitecore. It's quite unique and I think you're the first CPF member to get one and post about it.
    Hello Patriot, I think that all flashoholics who like normal size lights absolutely must have this light, and I think that all flashoholics whose primary interest is in large size lights must absolutely have this light, and I think that all normal people who are non-flashoholics should have this light. This light is a complete total game changer. Anything even a little bit smaller than it will only have a small fraction of its power, and almost all lights that are in its size classification are going to have significantly less power, and almost all lights that are moderately bigger than this one are also going to have less power than this light. Until a few weeks ago, when this light became available, the only way to get similar power was in a significantly much larger flashlight. Additionally, the light is made by a manufacturer that is universally recognized by professionals, law-enforcement and flashoholics as first rate. I close my eyes and I try really hard to imagine someone not being very excited by this light, but the image never materializes.
    It has been one year since an Arlington police officer defended himself against a loose, charging dog. In this case, someone other than the dogs' owner did Not reap the initial tragic consequences. Usually it is an innocent victim that gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by richbuff View Post
    The Four Sevens: showing it to lots of people. I carried it every day for three weeks to show it to people, but I didnít want its newness getting impinged. It garnered oodles of Oooohs and Aaahhhs.
    HA! Whenever I hand someone a special light - It feels like an eternity until they hand it back. The non-illuminated just don't understand.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Duplicate
    Last edited by Zandar; 01-10-2020 at 10:41 AM.

The light you want is the BLFGT4, which has been in development for several years. It is a 4 reflector based upgrade of the original "Giggles" thrower. If Lumintop ever releases it, it should make an excellent host for the "VN" treatment!

Hello Patriot, I think that all flashoholics who like normal size lights absolutely must have this light, and I think that all flashoholics whose primary interest is in large size lights must absolutely have this light, and I think that all normal people who are non-flashoholics should have this light. This light is a complete total game changer. Anything even a little bit smaller than it will only have a small fraction of its power, and almost all lights that are in its size classification are going to have significantly less power, and almost all lights that are moderately bigger than this one are also going to have less power than this light. Until a few weeks ago, when this light became available, the only way to get similar power was in a significantly much larger flashlight. Additionally, the light is made by a manufacturer that is universally recognized by professionals, law-enforcement and flashoholics as first rate. I close my eyes and I try really hard to imagine someone not being very excited by this light, but the image never materializes.
    Isnt the MT07vn with the high output mod (10k lumens) more output and way more throw in a more compact package?

Yes, I think it's a hoot that you're enjoying so much! I was wondering which aspects you consider game-changing and I was also curious about your thoughts regarding the MT07. They're close to the same lumen output, one is basically a mule, the other a very capable thrower. While the two are at difference ends of the spectrum and not easy to compare, I see that the MT07 can be turned into a mule, which makes this kind of interesting. There's also the case of the cells, with the 26650 perhaps being able to deliver a bit more current.

For some reason, I was much more excited about the MMU-X3 3 x XHP 50.2 and the TM9K than the Mateminco. The MMU-X3Vn has more throw, and the TM9K has the Nitecore brand name. The TM9K has a combination of size, power, brand recognition, build quality and price that make it a must have item. The X3 is not available for the mass market, but the TM9K is, and I think the intended market will eagerly take a shine to it.
    It has been one year since an Arlington police officer defended himself against a loose, charging dog. In this case, someone other than the dogs' owner did Not reap the initial tragic consequences. Usually it is an innocent victim that gets it.

For some reason, I was much more excited about the MMU-X3 3 x XHP 50.2 and the TM9K than the Mateminco. The MMU-X3Vn has more throw, and the TM9K has the Nitecore brand name. The TM9K has a combination of size, power, brand recognition, build quality and price that make it a must have item. The X3 is not available for the mass market, but the TM9K is, and I think the intended market will eagerly take a shine to it.

That helps me to see the perspective you're coming from and overall, I also like the Nitecore brand and history. I still have their original AA flashlight and the little red box with the Nitecore star on it. Other models with great history for me are the EA4, SRT7, and probably my favorite one ever, the TM26. I'm not sure if you or others would describe or characterize it this way but to me, the TM9K 'feels' in purpose, like a mini X80GT. In any case, I'm glad that you're having fun with them and when it comes right down to it, any light from Vinh is something special!

I am super behind on emails. Please give me a day or 2 to get through it all. MT07vn was my priority for the last few days. Thankssss
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I can't say enough about how Vinh takes care of his customers. I ordered a couple of lights and batteries from Vinh and there were a couple of hiccups but he took care of the problems and I love the lights. What a great guy. Thank you Vinh.

That he is!
    BTW, I received my MT07vn (W2) yesterday and love it. I put pictures and more in the MT07vn thread.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

MS18vn

Yeah its Nastyyyy ;-)

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

That's a lot of Nasty! LOL

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast