Prometheus        
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lounge 2020

Default Re: The Lounge 2020

Vinh, that's freakin crazy. Ordering one of these would be like buying torture for you.

What did you do with it? Shaved the stock emitters. What are the yellow ones? Are those original or swapped emitters? Does the tint appear greenish after shaving? Any lumen and throw numbers? Would love to see some beam shots.

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    MS18vn

Yeah its Nastyyyy ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by SKV89 View Post
    What did you do with it? Shaved the stock emitters. What are the yellow ones? Are those original or swapped emitters? Does the tint appear greenish after shaving? Any lumen and throw numbers? Would love to see some beam shots.

It looks like 12 x stock XHP70.s and 6 x 70.2's, all shaved.

Those seem too small to be 70s. Maybe 50s and 50.2s.

MS18vn

Yeah its Nastyyyy ;-)

I can't open your pic hosted on imgur at the moment, but I got the two big Imalent lights form Vinh a while ago.

The MS18 is the King of Flood!

Snip of my light list:

19. Imalent R90TS. July 16, 2019. 36,000 lumens. 18x XHP35, 8x 21700 Samsung 40T, two fans,
    I purchased the stock version Imalent R90TS from Vinh54. My main area of interest is beam profile/beam performance.
    Beam profile similar to X65, but with a little more throw and some more beam width, and some more spill, with more lumens on the target at given range, but in the form of a larger hotspot.

20... Vn... ...

21. Imalent MS18. Oct, 21, 2019. 18 x XHP70.2, 100,000 lumens. Recommended to me by Vinh, engraved and his extended warranty too.

22. ...Vn ...

23...Vn ...

24...Vn ordered a few days ago...
    It has been one year since an Arlington police officer defended himself against a loose, charging dog. In this case, someone other than the dogs' owner did Not reap the initial tragic consequences. Usually it is an innocent victim that gets it.

OMG this thing is NUTS!!! It actually THROWS!!! MY sphere wont be enough to measure the output since its max out around 35,000 Lumen but I will have an intensity number! But just from shining it around the house WOWWWWW! Oh and the tint is Excellent as I expectec it to be with the mix. Battery pack charging now. Any intensity guess ?
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

600kcd on your spec is my guess! That's quite a bit over 20% so that seems.... ambitious, but that's a lot of de-doming!
    Proud owner, SkyLumen Nguyen #011

List of my lights!

Need more info what emitter is in there. CCT and bin. I'm guessing 650kcd.

Oooh it's an MS18, then yeah those are probably XHP70s.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    Those seem too small to be 70s. Maybe 50s and 50.2s.
    Perhaps, but considering that head is nearly 130mm, they don't look that small. Also, I'm not sure it would make any sense to put 50s and 50.2s in an MS18 but I could be wrong.

Only because at this stage we're all kind of guessing about the exact formula, and assuming they're 70 and 70.2s, I'll speculate there's something asymmetric about the performance when dedoming that many high output LED's and say 675Kcd. 35% increase?..... very unlikely but fingers crossed.

Vinh, the MK35vnV2 on the Skylumen website looks awesome and the reflector looks flawless... at least in that one shot.

I think I like the MK35vnV2 as much as the TN42nv, maybe even more. I like the looks of this light a lot more than the K75 or X65 as well.

It would be fun to see comparison beamshots between the MK35vnV2 and TN42.
    Last edited by Patriot; 01-21-2020 at 08:58 PM.

MS18vn

Yeah its Nastyyyy ;-)

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

That's awesome Vinh! 35% more throw than factory! .... and with that kind of output.

Amazing performance. How did you measure the lumens? Thought you cant measure over 35k

Amazing performance. How did you measure the lumens? Thought you cant measure over 35k
    Extrapolation with ceiling bounce and a X80GTvn measuring 32K. Amazing performance for sure but the thing gets hot in literally no time. 30s on Turbo makes the thing too hot to touch! hahahahahhahah
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Damn, that's quite a massive increase indeed! Tint looks pretty good too, looks very neutral.

List of my lights!

Do you have a stock to compare ceiling bounce with? How's the tint? Does it run hotter than stock?

It's amazing that our batteries today can heat up that much mass in 30 seconds that it's too hot to touch. It sounds like it runs hotter than stock.

That's an extreme piece of hardware, for sure!

Sick production Vinh!! Can’t wait to hear the lovely comments from the prospective buyer! I hope they’re a forum member!

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyownEnergizer250lumen View Post
    Sick production Vinh!! Can’t wait to hear the lovely comments from the prospective buyer! I hope they’re a forum member!
    I built it for my buddy Larry. The computer artist behind SLN.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Do you have a stock to compare ceiling bounce with? How's the tint? Does it run hotter than stock?
    Yes. Stock was around 100K lumen on Turbo. Measured before mod. Funny thing is only Turbo was acurate. All the other levels are way lower than the LCD indicate. I cant remeber if its hotter than stock but seems like it.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    It's amazing that our batteries today can heat up that much mass in 30 seconds that it's too hot to touch. It sounds like it runs hotter than stock.

That's an extreme piece of hardware, for sure!
    Its actaully not that much mass. The head is extremely lightweight for the size. There should be an option to run the fan independently of turning on the light. Or have it run on lower modes too so it can cool down the light for more turbo bursts.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Its actaully not that much mass. The head is extremely lightweight for the size. There should be an option to run the fan independently of turning on the light. Or have it run on lower modes too so it can cool down the light for more turbo bursts.

I realize they were trying to keep it simple but I agree that it would be great if the fan was independently controllable. The only automatic feature of the fan should be if the lights is overheating, otherwise it should be user controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    I realize they were trying to keep it simple but I agree that it would be great if the fan was independently controllable. The only automatic feature of the fan should be if the lights is overheating, otherwise it should be user controlled.

I am very impressed with Imalent circuitry in this light. I ran MANY repeated overheat cycles and everything lived. Keep it up Imalent!
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Vinh, I see you have the Olight Perun listed. I would love to own one of those given it has the highest efficiency I've ever seen. However, I don't like CW and am picky with the tint. Do you know what size the mcpcb is? I would like to send you a 16mm or 20mm E21A board to put in there.

Vinh, I see you have the Olight Perun listed. I would love to own one of those given it has the highest efficiency I've ever seen. However, I don't like CW and am picky with the tint. Do you know what size the mcpcb is? I would like to send you a 16mm or 20mm E21A board to put in there.
    Please email me on this.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Off topic from flashlights.

Yesterday I went to my local favorite coffee shop at lunch, as I regularly do. It's a lovely place that is run by a lovely lady and I have become a regular there. It's not even really a coffee store for me at this point, in much the same ways as ordering from Vinh, it's just a place I go because of the excellent people and they just so happen to also sell things I really like.

ANYWAYS

Go to order one of their amazing burgers and I got #54. Needless to say, I immediately smiled at the serendipity, obviously my mind was on SkyLumen and the wonderful world of Vinh's creations and our little fan club while mowing down on that burger. The two became parallels straight away in my mind. The owner of the shop and I had a lovely conversation while I ate, genuine talk, not the BS day-to-day you typically get in the workday. The exact same as ordering and working with Vinh.

I feel so blessed to have both of these families in my life, wanted to take the time and let it sink in how lucky I am. So cheers everyone, especially Vinh! I hope everyone has a lovely weekend, and is able to spend it with and where they love.

List of my lights!

Quote Originally Posted by dotCPF View Post
    Off topic from flashlights.

Yesterday I went to my local favorite coffee shop at lunch, as I regularly do. It's a lovely place that is run by a lovely lady and I have become a regular there. It's not even really a coffee store for me at this point, in much the same ways as ordering from Vinh, it's just a place I go because of the excellent people and they just so happen to also sell things I really like. So sweet of you to share this!

ANYWAYS

Go to order one of their amazing burgers and I got #54. Needless to say, I immediately smiled at the serendipity, obviously my mind was on SkyLumen and the wonderful world of Vinh's creations and our little fan club while mowing down on that burger. The two became parallels straight away in my mind. The owner of the shop and I had a lovely conversation while I ate, genuine talk, not the BS day-to-day you typically get in the workday. Now that's special! The exact same as ordering and working with Vinh.

I feel so blessed to have both of these families in my life, wanted to take the time and let it sink in how lucky I am. So cheers everyone, especially Vinh! Thank You! I love the community here too. I honestly love you guys as much as the lights and the income it brings. I can say what I feel and not have to worry too much. I can not say the same regarding all my other past and current jobs. Cheers to that for sure!

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend, and is able to spend it with and where they love.
    Today is 1 first day of the New year of the Rat. Lunar New Year is HUGE for Chinese and Vietnamese people. My family and I wish everyone great love and wonderful health. CHEERS!!!
    To kick off Lunar New Year I am giving away 4 * $25 Sky Lumen Store Credit Coupon Code. You just have to own one of my light to be eligible. Just post here and claim the code for yourself.

Coupon Codes:

2020Rat25 1

2020Rat25 2

2020Rat25 3

2020Rat25 4
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Thanks Vinh! I’ll take “2020Rat 25 1” please.
    SureFire - Quality and brilliance

Happy Lunar New Year Vinh. I would like to claim one of the codes. Guess #2? 2020Rat25 2

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast