Wanted xhp70.2 light or DIY kit

Dave111

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, new here. I have a dirt bike that I'm trying to get the brightest led lights on without breaking the bank, and it cant be more than 30watts total power consumption- so I cant just add more LEDs to get more light, need to get the most lumens per watt, and from what I understand the xhp70.2 is the best option. What is the best bang for buck xhp70.2 light that I can get? It can be any kind of light, flashlight, headlight, led pod, DIY kit, anything. I can make a custom mount for it so that's not an issue. Prefer something that has flood and throw.

Thanks in advance!

Dave111

Newly Enlightened
Nothing? :confused:

I am a noob in this area so I do apologize in advance

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
What dirt bike is this? It might use a common form factor lamp (7" round, 5.25" round, one of the various standard rectangular sizes), which could make selection from an off-the-shelf lamp very easy.

Dave111

Newly Enlightened
It's a 2010 yz450f and it doesn't have any kind of lamp or headlight on it from the factory. That's why I'm looking for any DIY kit or host that I could drop in a xhp70.2 chip to get the most lumens at 30watts (which is all that's available from the stator).

TechGuru

Newly Enlightened
It's a 2010 yz450f and it doesn't have any kind of lamp or headlight on it from the factory. That's why I'm looking for any DIY kit or host that I could drop in a xhp70.2 chip to get the most lumens at 30watts (which is all that's available from the stator).

I'd put a battery or at least a capacitor in-between the light and the stator. I ran a LED off a lawn mower stator once and it was quite a strobing effect...

Last edited:

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd put a battery or at least a capacitor in-between the light and the sator. I ran a LED off a lawn mower sator once and it was quite a strobing effect...
stator

Aren't there some kits available to install standard form factor (5 3/4", 7" round, 5"x7" rectangular, etc) for that bike? Get the kit and use it to install an LED motorcycle headlamp. JW Speaker also have pedestal-mounted LED motorcycle headlamp[/quote] which may make mounting easier. It may take some light fabrication.

There are also [url=https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D7GNULK]fork ears
for such a purpose.