SAK REpair?

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
The victoryinox I have carried daily since 1978 has a loose slab.

Any advice on how to repair it or is there some one who makes repairs than can take care of it for me?

Also, I was thinking about getting some custom scales, some I have seen are very nice. Who makes the custom scales modifications?

Thanks for the help!

Best,

RL

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a fully customized SAK with titanium scales and a pocket clip from SAKModder (Robert Lessard), you can google this nickname to find his contacts. This has been my edc knife for years

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Victorinox honors its lifetime warranty quite nicely, you could send it back in for repair.

longuylander

Newly Enlightened
If it's just a loose scale, you can buy them separately. They snap right on once you pop the old ones off. Lots of colors to choose from, and you can get the plus scales to allow you to add the pin and the pen as well.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ven,

Spoke to SAK, and they will repair my knife!

As as far as the scales, I don't see any replacement ones on the SAK Web site. Since our knife store in Southern California closed, I have not really looked at SAK's in a while, however, I do remember them coming in many colors. Can you still get the wide variety of scales? Or have they discontinued the selection of colors I remember.

One of the the colors I liked was the GID yellow, in fact, I have a classic like that on my key ring.

Nevertheless, the model I am needing a new scale for is from 1978, I forget the name of it but it has a car on it, like a 1920 Model T or something.

I do have a half dozen medium models I keep in bags and cases, however, the one I need servicing I have carried every day for forty+ years. I would say it is close to a Super Tinker with the single addition of a nail file.

I really need to bring myself up to date on these. Still one of my very favorite things.

Thanks so much for your assistance and advice.

All the best,

RedLED

ven

Flashaholic
Hi Red,
Have you looked on that well know auction site, may find some options on there. Thats good news they will repair though, can not put a price on sentimental gear.
The few at hand i have, my car keys has a mini, work keys also........so useful to have around, lost count of times i reach for them.
rkSX2Pkl.jpg

I do fancy a more "fancy" one so to speak, but my uses with the larger ones are a little limited. Mainly due to the size/weight of carrying around. So thats why i got the smaller ones for keys, almost dont know they are there.

Good luck and hope its soon returned good as new for you, kind regards

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Ven!

I took the time to do some searching on the internet to update myself with SAK's, and am sending mine in to be repaired. From now on, I am going to check in a little more on these knives.

Thanks for all the help. You have a nice selection of SAK's, I have a small Classic on all my key rings as well.

Best,

RL