Klarus        

Thread: Best Keychain light

Default Best Keychain light

Hi! I'm looking for a new keychain light. I have had an I1r olight on my keys for the last year. I love the size, and want a new one that disappears on my keychain and there as a back-up when I need It .

What I do Not like about current light:

- It is off in the twisty loose position. Have to get it in right position that is not to tight, not to loose to be off.
    - Wish didn't have to seperate into 2 pieces to charge.
    - Prefer it came on high first, how I generally use it.

What I do like:

- Size ls great.
    - Power Is good (Over 100 lumens fine for me).
    - ls rugged.

Open to clicky or different switch options and open on budget (would pay more for good light).

THANK you!

Default Re: Best Keychain light

Search amazon for 10180 lights. There’s tons that do plenty bright and acceptable runtime for a keychain light, plenty that charge with a micro-usb cable without having to fully open them. Even some that have a side switch that doesn’t always get accidentally pushed.

RovyVon Aurora is pretty awesome. My A4 is about the same size as a AA cell with a little slot on one end for a ring or lanyard. I just recently bought it so no long term opinion of it or how well it works but I can't see how it would fail to be awesome later as well. Can find them online with no problem.

You did use the words "best" and "open on budget".
    So I'll recommend a Muyshondt Aeon.
    Mrs Yeti has a Mk ! on her keys that I brought back from the dead, it's a beautifully made light that will last her, and you, forever.

On a more pocketbook friendly note, have a look at the Prometheus Beta, a vert practical light with a fantastic quick release system which attaches to your keyring.

P
    Last edited by peter yetman; 01-03-2020 at 10:47 AM.
    "O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!" He chortled in his joy.

Thank you! The RovyVon Aurora is particularly interesting. I also like the look of the Prometheus, but a little big for keychain for me. And I would have to twist back and forth several times to get to high setting. Looks like RovyVon Aurora has memory mode.

I love my RovyVon Aurora A5. There are a bunch of variations of the Aurora, including a beautiful SE. Well made, well thought out little lights.

I think I'm going to get A2, anyone know any downside of this version? Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/RovyVon-Stain...38&s=hi&sr=1-4

Why have I never heard of Royvon before?

The Rovyvon Aurora is impressive , I was in the same boat as you and just got one. Good UI too. Quick access to momentary turbo as well.

Recently heard of RovyVon.

Now, I'm waiting for the release of their
    Aurora 8X (upgraded version)
    which ships next week.

After all,
    I haven't bought a new flashlight
    since Last Year !

_

I used to keep a aaa twisty on keychain which are nice. But the side e-switch on the a3x is an upgrade because you can use it easier one handed. And it takes a double click for constant on to prevent accidental activation which is nice combined with the sort of heavy button press. Not trying to be a rovyvon shill but something to think about as far as switches go.
    Last edited by 1313; 01-04-2020 at 04:45 PM.

Rovyvon Aurora incoming. Thank you!

What a great looking light! I just got the I1R 2 which is the upgrade to yours and it no longer comes apart in 2 pieces to charge and it got a modest boost in output so I was going to recommend that but boy this Rovyvon looks fantastic.. I think I will have to buy one for myself..

Quote Originally Posted by lightfooted View Post
    RovyVon Aurora is pretty awesome. My A4 is about the same size as a AA cell with a little slot on one end for a ring or lanyard. I just recently bought it so no long term opinion of it or how well it works but I can't see how it would fail to be awesome later as well. Can find them online with no problem.
    Thanks for the heads-up on RovyVon, I just bought three A1’s for myself, my wife and a friend. Love this little light!

Jeff