• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Olight m3xs-ut issues

Olight owner

Newly Enlightened
I'm on my second olight javelot. This one has the same problem as the first. One second it works then it just stops working. The last one i had they told me to tighten the disc on the switch. This did not work so they sent me another light after i sent back the first light. Has anyone else had this problem?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope never had anything but outstanding performance out of my Javelots. As for tightening the switch this is something that should have done at the Olight factory before it left. It very easily could have been a switch that most long time collecters could have easily taken apart cleaned up and put back together. But the point is it should not have had to be done by the end user. Glad to hear that Olight is rectifying the situation. The M3XS-UT is an amazing light.

Last edited:

Olight owner

Newly Enlightened
It is... I had just recharged the batteries and ran the light about 2 minutes and it quit. I thought I'd check the charge again and one was low. I recharged and it worked. I'm guessing I have a bad battery. What is the best replacement batteries for this light? It has the olight 3.7 volt 18650 2600mah in it now.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. I use Orbtronic 3500mah 18650's. They have a website and ship out of Florida exclusively. Great people. If you are NOT in the States then Keeppower 3500mah 18650's. The Keeppowers are easy to find outside the states. The Orbtronic cells are a bit shorter than the Keeppowers due to the different protection circuits they use. These two brands are some of the best value 18650's there are.

A good rule of thumb -- if a light becomes flaky, it's the tailcap. :) Almost always. The S10R's had a terrible problem with their old design that let in dirt, used to have to blow them clean with compressed air. Sealed lights usually have some retaining ring get loose.