New incans - Edison 5C and 7C

Minimoog

Enlightened
Not seen these mentioned on here so thought I'd ask. On eBay UK I found some very useful PR bulbs - 9V, 0.7A Krypton - perfect for 8xAA NiMh builds. When I got them it said bulbs for Edison 040 torch...
Hmm, not heard of that but the same seller is selling these torches new too. Aluminium black anodized, focusing, o-rings and look good. Price? £15 including postage. And I got it lower than that as it is also 'make an offer.

Item description is "Edison Aluminium Torch Requires (7xC Batteries)" so just waiting on that, but I'm excited. Never owned a 7C Mag, and this looks almost identical in form. Plus it's got the Krypton bulb the Mag 7C should have had.
Concerning the bulbs, I never believed a new lamp that I really wanted for my projects would ever see the light of day but I will be stocking up on them. They make for a fat bright beam, so much nicer than the 9.6V bulbs out there and brighter than the 7.2 6D Mag bulbs. Search "Edison Krypton Bulb 9.0V/0.75A For 040 Torch (PK-2)".

I'll review the torch when I get it but anyone here already received one? What are they like?

It's made my new year! A newly launched 7 cell incandescent plus new bulbs :)

scout24

Flashaholic
Those sound pretty cool! I looked on this side of the pond for them, no luck yet. Looking forward to your findings! 👍

William 1

Newly Enlightened
I bought one and 4 bulbs as well several months ago. Quite cheaply constructed. The head has a plastic hood over it and the bezel which is fixed is just crimped over the lens.

Lowglow

Newly Enlightened
Original poster here. Got locked out of my account so new name. I can confirm tbe light (now out of stock) was poor. 2 out of 10 tops. Everything cheap.

But...

The bulbs are seemingly a bespoke run, 9V 0.75A Krypton still available from Zoro UK (online retailer).

I really like them, they are good quality and at currently £2.29 for a pack of 2 they are good value. I use one in an Ever Ready Space Ray and the beam is one tight clean spear of light. Also in a Maglite they work well too.

Lowglow

Newly Enlightened
Nice to see you still around too! I'll be posting a few of my finds here on the 'warm incan' section.

I could ask for a name change but I sold my keyboard so I don't mind 😉

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Lowglow works too.
_storage_emulated_0_Download_RkEKl_s-200x150.gif