My first Surefire..

E

Emilion

Knowing the brand so long I finally bought one Surefire Product yesterday, the L5. Ok, I went into the forest last night, push the clickie......WOW!! Never think of such brightness from a little flashlight, the beam pattern is really "perfect" that I've never seen from other flahlight. Althought it is quite costy (US180), I think it really worth.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Emilion,

Welcome to CPF.

Excellent purchase. I am sure you will get hours of enjoyment with that light.

Tom

ianb

Enlightened
Hi, I'm a newbie as well and have just got my first Surefire, an LED too an L6, the beam pattern looked good on pictures I had seen. Though it only once I compared it to other flashlights I have that you see just how good the pattern is.
I'm certainly a convert now, they seemed far too expensive before I looked at them in more detail.

Ian /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boy! What a bunch of showoffs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I've been into flashlights for 20 years and don't own an SF...yet. Nuttin' like starting off at the top. Have fun with your lights and at the CPF. Keep us posted with your exploits and purchases. I suspect that if you start off with SureFires there will mucho more lights you'll just have to have. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

ianb

Enlightened
this may be my last flashlight, if my wife has anything to do about it. She only just realised how much the L6 cost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Maybe in a couple of months I can start of small again and work up to another surefire /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ian

E

Emilion

This should be the only SF for me, just toooo expensive. I'm happier with StreamLight's products.

dougmccoy

Enlightened
ianb,

I have the same problem with my other half and I'm banned from getting anything more in the way of lights. However, I'm working on how to get around her....lots of candle lit meals (with me doing all the cooking etc.) and who knows what i'll be allowed!

Doug

PS! Surefire are the best of the best but there are other good manufacturers out there, Streamlight,CMG,Inova etc. so dont feel too bad if the wallet cant open enough for Surefire products.

ianb

Enlightened
I agree, I love the two streamlight led's I have and have a cmg reactor in the post as well as an X5! I really like the Streamlight pro-polymers and thats all I'll be able to afford for a while. Though from what I have seen from my Surefire so far, its pretty how do the Americans say, Awesome!
Yes, little talk of the price of the torch(with the wife), change subject and show her how much use it gets! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
It certainly would save some money living in the US and having 100's of surefire suppliers to choose from,

Ian /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

coolguy

Newly Enlightened
My first Surefire was an L5 too! I just got mine a couple of weeks ago and couldn't be happier. Now that I finally own one I couldn't be happier! I went ahead and ordered myself an L1 as well. Unfortunately I crapped out of the Luxeon Lottery with the L1... It's super violet colored. Oh well, I've been lucky so far with all of my other luxeons.

Time for another light. L4 maybe? Then the L2, L6, U2......