Well that was scarey

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I'm walking Home from the store around 10 pm then I saw a weird light in the sky and a bang then for as far I Could see it was dark only light we had was headlights on the cars and my flashlight I trully thought we was bombed or something

Burgess

Flashaholic
Interesting !

Can you tell us roughly,
your Location ? ? ?

boo5ted

Enlightened
I'm just north of ATL, any idea what happened? Haven't heard anything on the news.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I'm just north of ATL, any idea what happened? Haven't heard anything on the news.
I'm on Lanier I still have no idea.it trully freaked me out the first thing I noticed was this local bar was complelty dark. Then I walk further and see no one had light.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Psi truly wanna leave the internet damn spell check always changes my words even when I spelled them correct. But when I can't spell a word it don't help me grrrrrr

milehigher

Newly Enlightened
Sun's been rather quiet, maybe a grand solar minimum on the way ....
We had some really weird propagation the first 1 1/2 weeks of January ,I know someone on 70 CM 1 watt couldn't bring up his own repeater on his tower ,but could use one 800 miles away , there were much closer machines on that frequency that didn't hear him 10 meters and 40 meters had some crazy hit or miss extreme propagation shifts ,being able to make contacts at extreme distance for 5-10 minutes and then it would change and you didn't move the antenna .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
blown transformer? if power came back minutes later that's probably what it was. power had to get switched to the next circuit causing the delay. we had the same last week. boom, outage, lights again an pse&g couldn't or wouldn't tell us what happened

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
The military have tested their new EMI toy, but underestimated its projected yield :) Kind of "Ivy Mike" that yielded 3 times more than was expected.

Just kiddin :) Most likely a regional transformer has said his last "bye". They contain oil inside and may be rather spectacular:

Last edited: