Bare Naked HDS Rotary Shipping

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll leave this thread open... maybe.

Bare Nakeds are shipping today.

img-5605.jpg

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Great news! Looking forward to it...has anyone ever tried to remove the ano on the exposed part of the reflector?...would it cause any issue? I have an extra reflector I got during the Unique Titanium closeout sale and thinking...

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could do it with abrasive paper, but then the dust would contaminate the reflector. I've removed ano in the past with caustic soda, but again you stand a good chance of damaging the reflector.
I'd leave it be, if I were you.
P

Johnnyh

Enlightened
This baby just came in. It"s a beautiful thing...the aluminum bezel makes it (to me) noticeably lighter. The machining/knurling is perfect and the High Noon is, IMHO, the perfect emitter. Especially in this one...white light from silver is fitting. Great job Henry/Dan and whoever else, really enjoying this one!

mV0ZnQC.jpg

ylJvdqy.jpg

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Thanks Warrior...not sure how long it will look like this but also kind of looking forward to see how it changes over time.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Warrior...not sure how long it will look like this but also kind of looking forward to see how it changes over time.
From what I know the "patina" or aluminium oxide is kind of white / gray. My expectation would be it looks the same but not that shiny anymore. But I think it will look cool.
My bronze HDS looks almost the way it was looking when I received it :( . I guess the location of my bronze HDS is to dry...?

But anyway I would like to habe a few of this gems. It is the cheap but cool HDS special material light.

Johnnyh

Enlightened
From what I read, the patina that forms on aluminum (or bronze) will serve to form a barrier from further oxidation...kind of a protective layer. It's interesting...my bronze has darkened greatly since new and others remain as new. Climate?

TheJLew85

Enlightened
Do any of you plan to edc the bare aluminum or will it be a shelf queen? I've been carrying mine the past few days. I'm sure it will scuff up easily. I guess that will just add character.

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Mines in my pocket...but I'm babying it...no other metal things in that same pocket...but I'm more concerned with losing it than anything else.

TheJLew85

Enlightened
Mines in my pocket...but I'm babying it...no other metal things in that same pocket...but I'm more concerned with losing it than anything else.

I don't carry any other items in the pocket with my light either and I'm not hard on my lights. But it used to bother me a lot more when they got dinged. Losing one would be bad. Very bad.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ever seen a used aluminum semi trailer or seen old aluminum wheels....i imagine that is what these will eventually look like in time.