Neil Peart Passed Away January 7th

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The only band logo I ever considered getting tattooed on my arm. Glad I did not, but not because they sucked. Just glad I never got any tattoos.

Bummer about "the Professor on the drum kit". He stood alone in his craft. And his lyrics told great stories.

RIP Neil. You did good.

CobraMan

Newly Enlightened
The greatest drummer this universe has ever known - when I heard the news last Friday it felt as though someone kicked me right in the stomach - the tears poured down my face multiple times that afternoon and evening. My all time favorite band - such incredible musicianship from Neil, Geddy, and Alex...

What a sad loss to music and humanity - his contribution touched multi-millions of lives in such a positive and uplifting way.

Peace To All,
Tim

Last edited:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree to all the above posts, I first heard Rush in 1983 All the Worlds A Stage album (yes album) and was immediately hooked. He is def one of the greats. When you listen to his interviews its obvious not only did he posess the drumming talent but wow what a mind and communicator. A very unique individual, we will miss ya Neil. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
That one was the first Rush album I heard too. About 1978 or 79 for me. Young Geddie Lee sounding like pre-post puberty voice, Alex played flawless and mastered echo tech that made you think there was more than 3 people playing. Neil just blew away the audience.
You could tell they were playing their guts out.

I like Exit Stage Left too, but it sounded like a bootleg recording.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
He will be greatly missed.
I went for a short drive after hearing the news, and cranked up red barchetta; fantastic.
I remember first hearing 2112... mind blowing still to this day.