Headlight with red and white emitters

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
A friend of mine wants to buy a headlight for his submariner daughter, so he asked me.
I've found a Streamlight Sidewinder Compact II, which I can get from Amazon.com by next Weds.
i just wondered if anyone else has a good idea.
I imagine 1000 lumen lights in a submarine would be a pain in the bott? Then again I know nothing.
Around 100 bucks, I guess.
Thanks for any ideas, I'm struggling.
P

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, she's not using it in the sub.
So I need to find a decent robust headtorch that I can fit a red filter onto.
Any ideas?
P

Keitho

Enlightened
I've got the ZL H502, both the red and photo red--definitely robust, very tiny, and on high they are pretty bright flooders; the PR is slightly deeper red color. But, no white.

What about the $95 Klarus XT11UVvn, with the UV light swapped for a red one?

Or, a "flip up rifle scope filter cap" (online retailers and sporting goods stores sell many diameters) with a red lens, fitted to any of your vast collection of beautiful white lights?

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Armytek has just announced a Wizard version with (also) a red led.
https://youtu.be/efkPLBBqSdI (minute 3.12)
Unfortunately, my supplier told me that there will be delays in deliveries due to the coronavirus.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you, I've passed both those ideas on.
How anyone on that Shot Show stand can bear that constant stobe I don't know. I was getting a headache just watching the video.
P

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not much of a headlamp guy but if you want something cheaper for the interim the Energizer Vision series has models with red and white LEDs. They can be found reasonably priced here in the US. Don't know if they are available for low cost in the UK but might be worth a look.