Away for a few years... catching up on things

Falcon9h

Newly Enlightened
Excuse the long lag time. Been away.
I'm heartbroken in seeing Solarforce appears to be out of business? Anyone know the story?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Good question. Perhaps the P60 market dried up enough that they were no longer viable. I really liked the L2M, the cheap glass and other accessories like round (old school SF-esque) heads.

Welcome back.

The last time I started to purchase a Solarforce (a carbon fiber if memory serves me) there was way too much information required for me to be comfortable proceeding. I don't remember all the questions, but I remember deciding not to provide the answers to a Chinese company. I looked around for a US company instead. Never before or since have I had so much personal information requested to purchase a light.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Most of mine (all of them, I think, other than those I got here on CPF/MP) came from Lighthound ... sadly long gone too.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last time I started to purchase a Solarforce (a carbon fiber if memory serves me) there was way too much information required for me to be comfortable proceeding. I don't remember all the questions, but I remember deciding not to provide the answers to a Chinese company. I looked around for a US company instead. Never before or since have I had so much personal information requested to purchase a light.

Were you triggered that they have asked your address where to send a parcel? ;) Just kiddin :D

Falcon9h

Newly Enlightened
Good question. Perhaps the P60 market dried up enough that they were no longer viable. I really liked the L2M, the cheap glass and other accessories like round (old school SF-esque) heads.

Welcome back.

Thanks. Glad I bought up a lot of hosts... who woulda figured? This 'thing of ours' has really changed. The early 2000's were pretty heady days with developing LED tech and it was a blast modding lights. I should pull out some old hosts and modernize them just for nostalgia's sake. Solarforces were the last lights I did. After that production lights outstripped anything I could (afford to) mod.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Production lights may be the reason a P60 platform is becoming less and less popular.

I like seeing the new generation exploring their first 6P (or similar) and commenting about how awesome they were/are.

Nope, non user servicable lights are here to stay (yawn)……

Production lights may be the reason a P60 platform is becoming less and less popular.

I like seeing the new generation exploring their first 6P (or similar) and commenting about how awesome they were/are.

Nope, non user servicable lights are here to stay
(yawn)……

Speaking of something to catch-up on - The new Foursevens lights no longer have their heads glued, so are now user-serviceable/moddable.

swordfish2

Newly Enlightened
Note: Commercial post.
Hi, we are based in India and We still have a lot of Solarforce stock, if anyone is interested, please mail us

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts