ArmyTek        

Thread: Away for a few years... catching up on things

Sigh Away for a few years... catching up on things

Excuse the long lag time. Been away.
    I'm heartbroken in seeing Solarforce appears to be out of business? Anyone know the story?

Default Re: Away for a few years... catching up on things

Good question. Perhaps the P60 market dried up enough that they were no longer viable. I really liked the L2M, the cheap glass and other accessories like round (old school SF-esque) heads.

Welcome back.
    John 3:16

The last time I started to purchase a Solarforce (a carbon fiber if memory serves me) there was way too much information required for me to be comfortable proceeding. I don't remember all the questions, but I remember deciding not to provide the answers to a Chinese company. I looked around for a US company instead. Never before or since have I had so much personal information requested to purchase a light.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Most of mine (all of them, I think, other than those I got here on CPF/MP) came from Lighthound ... sadly long gone too.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Customlites still has solarforce stuff
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    The last time I started to purchase a Solarforce (a carbon fiber if memory serves me) there was way too much information required for me to be comfortable proceeding. I don't remember all the questions, but I remember deciding not to provide the answers to a Chinese company. I looked around for a US company instead. Never before or since have I had so much personal information requested to purchase a light.
    Were you triggered that they have asked your address where to send a parcel? Just kiddin

Quote Originally Posted by vadimax View Post
    Were you triggered that they have asked your address where to send a parcel? Just kiddin
    They should've already known - Chauncey Gardiner!
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Good question. Perhaps the P60 market dried up enough that they were no longer viable. I really liked the L2M, the cheap glass and other accessories like round (old school SF-esque) heads.

Welcome back.
    Thanks. Glad I bought up a lot of hosts... who woulda figured? This 'thing of ours' has really changed. The early 2000's were pretty heady days with developing LED tech and it was a blast modding lights. I should pull out some old hosts and modernize them just for nostalgia's sake. Solarforces were the last lights I did. After that production lights outstripped anything I could (afford to) mod.

Production lights may be the reason a P60 platform is becoming less and less popular.

I like seeing the new generation exploring their first 6P (or similar) and commenting about how awesome they were/are.

Nope, non user servicable lights are here to stay (yawn)……
    John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Production lights may be the reason a P60 platform is becoming less and less popular.

I like seeing the new generation exploring their first 6P (or similar) and commenting about how awesome they were/are.

Nope, non user servicable lights are here to stay
    (yawn)……
    Speaking of something to catch-up on - The new Foursevens lights no longer have their heads glued, so are now user-serviceable/moddable.

Note: Commercial post.
    Hi, we are based in India and We still have a lot of Solarforce stock, if anyone is interested, please mail us
    Last edited by archimedes; 01-15-2020 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Commercial links removed, please review CPF ad policies