Rest in peace, Woods Walker

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Man, that guy was a font of knowledge; lots of folks here talk about how to get around outdoors, but Woods was out there for days just doing it for fun. Condolences to his family, this is all our loss..

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! Rest In Peace.

I really enjoyed his candid thoughts and reviews. He had a cheerful disposition and tons of knowledge. The walker came across as humble and was very responsive to questions so as to share his knowledge.

My condolences to his family.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm so sorry, he seemd to be so in touch with nature and the environment.
A real loss to humanity, and a shock to his family.
P

Poppy

Flashaholic
Wow! What a loss!
I really enjoyed his videos, and his personality. Often when watching one of his videos, I'd think how cool it would be try try to get him together with our boy scouts to give them an education of finding material and starting a fire.

I'm sorry that I never reached out to him.
May he rest in peace.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed he was posting less. He will be remembered on the web and in our minds. His energy is throughout the woods now.
Condolences to family and friends

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that's terrible, Rest in Peace WoodsWalker.

I was just reading a few threads he had posted in, for some reason my recent exploits have led me to a few of his very informative comments and contributions. I always looked forwards to seeing his take on whatever situation is at hand.

nbp

Flashaholic
Oh no, this is truly terrible. :( Kevin was One of CPF's true gentlemen. As a valuable member and part of the staff here he will surely be missed. Take care brother.

Lumen83

Enlightened
This is extremely sad news. I very much enjoyed his posts and stories both here and on youtube. We spent a lot of time in the same woods, although I did not know him personally. Will miss his posts and will continue to watch his videos.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Very sad news indeed. His kind and thoughtful advice had been of much help to me personally. You will be greatly missed here, my friend.

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Last Friday night we had an ice/snow storm,, that next miserable morning I had a funeral to go to. While driving there noticed one on my windows was somehow opened 2"
I must have pushed a bunch of snow into my car brushing the snow off.
The roads were terrible.

Funerals are always hard and that day was windy/cold to then snow again.
Life can be dark & cold at times.

My point is: Woods Walker would be the first to say get out there and experience life & make the best of the good days