Jetbeam        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rest in peace, Woods Walker

Default Re: Rest in peace, Woods Walker

Quote Originally Posted by wacbzz View Post
    Hopefully, we can get someone to put together all of WW’s threads together in one spot...his experiences are priceless here.
    If you would like to make a thread with links to his various threads I would be happy to Sticky it in the Adventure and Questing subforum in his honor. That was really where his expertise shined here!

Sad to hear this..... so young and so full of life. Although I'm not into outdoors survival and camping at all I throroughly enjoyed his threads dealing with such things as it was a breath of fresh air over endless threads about this and that light seeing him talk about cooking sausage and eggs and burning woods he chopped outdoors that just sticks in my mind big time vs a 20,000 lumen scorcher light.
    I didn't think much of the Adventure and Questing outdoors part of the forum till he came along.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Flashaholic*

Wow! Just, wow! Rest in Peace. Thank you for everything you contributed.
    Prometheans #253

RIP woods

tough loss....
    ..nothing changes nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Arc View Post
    Sad to hear this..... so young and so full of life. Although I'm not into outdoors survival and camping at all I throroughly enjoyed his threads dealing with such things as it was a breath of fresh air over endless threads about this and that light seeing him talk about cooking sausage and eggs and burning woods he chopped outdoors that just sticks in my mind big time vs a 20,000 lumen scorcher light.
    I didn't think much of the Adventure and Questing outdoors part of the forum till he came along.
    I still have heartburn from having the pepperoni egg and green peppers breakfast recipe from him
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

NBP- Wonderful idea on the thread compilation Sticky in A&Q, and a very nice written tribute I saw from you.
    Aginthelaw- You know the rule, now you have to post the recipe...
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

I never met Kevin in person, but always enjoyed his videos and forum posts – I greatly appreciate the knowledge that he shared. Sorry that I never had the pleasure of sharing a camp fire with him. Condolences to his family. RIP Woods Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    I remember Woods Walker kidding us for our table-top flashlight pictures. He gently encouraged us to get outside and enjoy our lights in nature.
    I read this as the wind was howling outside after sundown, looked at a M61WLL modified 6P sitting on my coffee table and pondered briefly. My brain went back to about 2016 when I bought both the light and the drop in. It came down to a coin toss of WLL or NL. The coin toss meant WLL. But Woods Walker raved about the NL. Others did too but for some reason the words WW wrote here convinced the little imp on my left shoulder to whisper something I didn't quite hear to the OCD voices in my head and next thing you know that old 6P was sportin' an NL.

So I'd already had my 7pm catnap and decided to take the ole 6P out for a jaunt. Wind still howling outside so I rumaged through the coat closet pondering what WW would wear on a night like this. A nice puffy 3-way snow boarding parka, double insulated stocking cap and two pair of thin gloves for dexterity and insulation. Oh, and water proof hiker boots. I'm going Woods Walkin'. No need to pack granola and a fishing hook or shelter. No need for a fire starter, a gps or a camel pack. I live in the city. There's a 24 hour Kwiki Mart a quarter mile away in every direction.
    Remaining woods here are an acre or three. A forest……100 acres.

However new batteries went into the 6P, a Bravo hi/lo was clipped to a pocket, a tube of WW approved beeswax chapstick was loaded into my other pocket. I found myself next to a creek where it is rumored the fish have three eyes on one side and smelled the cold air Jack Frost was delivering after a few spring like days. I looked up at the stars. Stars…… wow I see real stars tonight. It was if WW had clicked them onto high mode this evening as they were brighter than usual. It occured to me that batteries don't run empty in the big wilderness in the sky so perhaps he was in charge of shining down on anybody who took his advice and went woods walkin' this evening.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 01-16-2020 at 07:53 PM.
    John 3:16

Flashaholic

Wow, shocked to hear this. I just watched a couple of his videos 2 days ago on some Malkoff stuff he had (for the 2nd/3rd time). And I remember watching him going through the woods and thinking this guy would be hard to keep up with. I enjoyed how he would present himself in his videos, very down to earth guy. Life is short. RIP.

What a loss. His channel was amazing and I loved his stoves that he used when camping. RIP and Prayers for the family.

Nice write up bykfixer! It kept me wondering "and then?" while reading.

RIP Woods.

Wow, so sad to hear this.

Rest in piece WW, you will be missed but, not forgotten.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

So sad. He was a real use your lights outdoors guy. Often wished I had that type of enthusiasm.

Too young. A Very sad thing. For sure, this man had no shelf queens....

Waited a while to post on this one, such a sad sad day and a horrible loss for many of the communities I hold dear. Not many like him left in the world and there will never be a replacement.
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

RIP WW from Downunder. Sincere condolences to family and friends.

Silver Moderator

Hello Kevin,

Well... it looks like you have taken this adventure to the next level.

You are missed.

Enjoy "the LIGHT."

Tom
    Behind every Great man there's always a woman rolling her eyes...

Most batteries don't die - they are tortured to near death, then murdered...

This is sad indeed. RIP WW. Prayers to the family.

That's sad news! I don't usually visit the Cafe, but just caught sight of the latest post which was this.

R.I.P. WW and condolences to your family.

what a sad news.
    ww was an excellent person. a great enthusiast for nature and lanterns. I learned a lot from him.

rest in peace ww.

Flashaholic*

Rest in Peace, Woods Walker.

Thanks for all the videos and knowledge. You will surely be missed.

Flashaholic

I saw this thread last night before I tried to sleep and it hurt. I had some down time with nothing that HAD to get done and spent an hour going back over some old mega/woodswalker YouTube videos- BEFORE I went to bed and did my last minute forum check and learned of this loss. Weird how that works. I had just been appreciating his love of the outside and learned minutes later....
    I hope he knows how much he is and was appreciated and I send my deepest sympathies to his friends and family.

Thanks to the OP for letting us know.

I just watched the rocket stove video and it so inspired me I just took my own little gas camping stove outdoors into the cold to boil a pot of water to make a big cup of tea. It was my first time using the stove despite having had it for years, and my first time using genuine fire to heat water.

I came back inside with everything and that tea is steeping now as I found this thread.

As said above by others I regret not reaching out more to WW. I have been moved personally both by him and his content many times.

Haven't been on in a while and I come back to see this... Always enjoyed his posts and youtube videos. RIP.

Same here, I always enjoyed seeing his posts. Wish I kept up with the forum more often, frequently because of his posts, actually. Will miss him.

Dam!!!! Just saw this. What a shame. What a loss. Never met him but it would of been an honor to call him friend.
    RIP 😞
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Flashaholic

This is truly sad and shocking news. Rest in peace Woods Walker!

Flashaholic*

I got to know this bad news yesterday.
    I subscribe on his youtube channel and appreciate his inspiring posts and videos, though I have not looked on a video on a while. I am gonna miss him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12