Flashlight graveyard--the part of your collection that is slowly dying in the dark

Keitho

Enlightened
My dear flashlight children, I have some bad news. I got you out for this picture, but you'll rarely see the light of day anymore. I might have loved you once, but your siblings have something that you don't. They are hard at work every day, in my pocket, in my car, in the pantry, at work, in my workshop, in the garage...but you sit idle in a box on my shelf in the basement. I know, it is hard to hear it, but every parent knows it is true--I love some of my children more than others. Some of you were even ugly as a baby--I'm looking at you, Astrolux S41. But, for most of you, it makes me sad that you are more idle than your brothers and sisters. I'll probably get some of you out for nostalgia, harvest some of your useful parts, or maybe even take you out for a stint in the living room. But, most of you shouldn't get your hopes up. OK, back into the box!

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's some nice Zebralights there. I still use my old zebras, 7 years old. Yeah, they're not used much, but still often enough to keep cells in them and a handy space on the shelf.

Keitho

Enlightened
Yep, I've obviously got a ZL addiction. I just counted, purchased 19 over the years, gave away several as gifts, use many of them regularly, and still have 6 waiting for me to give them away or get used in the apocalypse....

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont really have enough lights to have a grave yard. All of them get used pretty regular...except for 2D Mag for obvious reasons.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I rotate six or seven lights of 23 on a regular basis, from back, medium and front burner. The oldest ones that are most technologically obsolete have the most fondest memories. The newest, most technologically capable ones have the least amount of nostalgic value.

Based on the lights shown in the photo of your collection, I have generated an accurate personality profile. It shows that you are a very nice person. :)

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Yep, I've obviously got a ZL addiction. I just counted, purchased 19 over the years, gave away several as gifts, use many of them regularly, and still have 6 waiting for me to give them away or get used in the apocalypse....

I accept donations :naughty:

Keitho

Enlightened
Based on the lights shown in the photo of your collection, I have generated an accurate personality profile. It shows that you are a very nice person. :)

Anyone who has too many flashlights has to be nice, right?!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My dear flashlight children, I have some bad news. I got you out for this picture, but you'll rarely see the light of day anymore. I might have loved you once, but your siblings have something that you don't. They are hard at work every day, in my pocket, in my car, in the pantry, at work, in my workshop, in the garage...but you sit idle in a box on my shelf in the basement. I know, it is hard to hear it, but every parent knows it is true--I love some of my children more than others. Some of you were even ugly as a baby--I'm looking at you, Astrolux S41. But, for most of you, it makes me sad that you are more idle than your brothers and sisters. I'll probably get some of you out for nostalgia, harvest some of your useful parts, or maybe even take you out for a stint in the living room. But, most of you shouldn't get your hopes up. OK, back into the box!

All of my lights have a virtue. If it didn't have a virtue it would not have been purchased.
The only ones boxed away are those NIP that await a time when they play a role as replacement to one like it.

All 5 of my boys are unique in their own way, so instead of dwelling what they are not I focus on what they are. Same with all 500+ of my flashlights.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont really have enough lights to have a grave yard. All of them get used pretty regular...except for 2D Mag for obvious reasons.
Yep, me too. If I don't use them, they get sold or given away. I have never been much of a collector and see it more as a waste of good useful products/tools(another bad side of consumerism imo).

OP, I say give them a new home as they aren't doing any good or being used as intended being hoarded in a box[emoji106].

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Keitho

Enlightened
Yeah, I know, taking that picture actually made me have the same thought. I've pretty much exhausted the population of my friends and family who would tolerate the 3-minute learning curve for the ZL UI, so I might have to sell some of them. I've successfully fought my hoarding tendencies in most of my life, but this hobby has been a challenge for me! CPF has been really helpful as an enabler--I can spend some time here, and come away saying, "well, at least I don't have 500 lights, and I can stop buying lights any time I want..."

Keitho

Enlightened
OK, it has been one of those days: taking stock, and reviewing your insightful comments above. I think I've winnowed my collection down to qty=15 lights that I actually use and enjoy on a regular basis. Time to open up some WTS threads and get the rest of my collection out of the dark and into the hands of others. I always feel better after "cleaning house" like that!

Falcon9h

Newly Enlightened
OK, it has been one of those days: taking stock, and reviewing your insightful comments above. I think I've winnowed my collection down to qty=15 lights that I actually use and enjoy on a regular basis. Time to open up some WTS threads and get the rest of my collection out of the dark and into the hands of others. I always feel better after "cleaning house" like that!

If you decide to part with the green Emisar quad, gimme a yell. 👍
Yeah, I have the makings of a very fine hoarder. Not enough to wind up on A&E but it's an uphill battle to keep it under control. About like hauling a heavy freight train over the mountains! 🙄

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast

One of the best posts I've read in a while! Nice satire Sir!