Looking for small flashlight with main white LED and auxiliary red LED - please rec

Eadward

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for something that is small and that could be easily put in a pocket. Fairly bright but doesn't need to be a search light. I'd like to keep on hand for when I do night time photography. Would like the white light for general illumination if necessary and the red to preserve night vision if fiddling with dials on the camera. AA batteries could be ok. Or perhaps some rechargeables. I saw the Nitecore P18 and that looked interesting and price wasn't too bad. I also saw Surefire Aviator. That also seemed nice, good controls, but price was a little bit spendy. Any recommendations on these or others I should look at?? TIA

Eadward

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. Glad it works for you.

Anyone with experience with the P18 or Aviator or other lights that could be a fit?

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a Wurkkos WK30 on Amazon that I am very impressed with. It has a high CRI white led and a red led as well as ultra violet. Comes with a battery too. Charges with a usb cord.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks like a really nice light. How is the UI?

Hey! I apologize. I missed your question. The UI takes a few minutes to learn but once you've done that it's easy to operate, in my opinion.

Eadward

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the updates, info and options guys.

I must say I think the LRI Photon Proton and the Wurkkos WK30 look closest to what I'm trying to do here. I like the LRI a bit more for its form and the AA battery, but the Wurkkos also looks good. Anyone compare those two? Any other thoughts on this?

Eadward

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I ordered the LRI Photon Proton from Battery Junction. They had a nice price. Thanks for the input and hope this works out.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the updates, info and options guys.

I must say I think the LRI Photon Proton and the Wurkkos WK30 look closest to what I'm trying to do here. I like the LRI a bit more for its form and the AA battery, but the Wurkkos also looks good. Anyone compare those two? Any other thoughts on this?

I have both lights. The Wurkkos puts out more light. The down side is it's on the fat side for pocket carry.
The Photon Proton has PWM on lower modes of the white light. The red led is small and good for close up. The Photon Ptoton is a great size for pocket carry.
My personal opinion is the Wurkkos performs better.
Buy both !

Eadward

Newly Enlightened
Not much for reviews, but here goes. Got the LRI Photon Proton. Its a small light, very easy to carry in the pocket. It has a clip that is tail mounted for fairly deep carry. It's generally well constructed and rugged. The white LED comes on bright and then dims from there. The white LED is bright enough for walking around in the dark and general illumination. The white LED has a good combination of throw and fill. The red LED comes on dim and then brightens. The red LED is good for close work in the dark without losing night vision. The red LED is set into the side of the reflector so the beam pattern isn't perfect but it does what it needs to. The UI is fairly intuitive, but the light does a lot with only one button so it gets a bit convoluted and I'd prefer separate white and red LED buttons. There is some glue residue around the button. I'd prefer that the light tailstand, but its not a big deal. I like the use of AA for their wide availability. The light comes with a small nylon case. The light does what I want it to do, is well constructed, rugged and is reasonably priced. I'm happy with it.