What can I do with this Clulite?

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
That thing actually seems pretty cool in stock form. A 50W projector bulb with what looks to be a TIR optic, a claimed 1,000,000 candlepower, and probably a relatively rare and/or novel thing for a flashaholic to have. I personally wouldn't mess with it. Stuffing things in there would probably come out a hack job, and a cool light ruined.

There are plenty of good size, cheap, plastic case lights out there to experiment with. In fact, I'll be doing one myself this year.

Tony Rama

Newly Enlightened
I guess it could be seen as a collectable curiosity. There is a 100w version of the bulb available, but maybe it would melt the reflector. Also the battery would only last half an hour.

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about just a new battery chemistry and maybe a find-me light?

Tony Rama

Newly Enlightened
The reflector is starting to fade. I can get a replacement for around £15. But as I remember, even when it was new, it never had the claimed 1km throw. It's old technology. It's not as bright as a Led Lenser P7.

I guess I'm looking for any ideas re: a 12v Hid or LED unit which is not more than 100mm/4" diameter by 75mm/2.75" deep. I would plan any mod to be reversible. There is good potential to take advantage of this huge 12v 10ah battery.

Last edited:

Tony Rama

Newly Enlightened
Problem Solved!!!! Gave it to a friend with an alpaca farm. He will use it for searching for lost alpacas at night. This is a huge relief for me. For several years I was wondering how to modify it and it never got used since I got a good pocket LED (a Jetbeam PA40) some years ago. Now with a LED Lenser P7R, I definitely have no use for it.