• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Mule repair help

Burntrice

Newly Enlightened
I really hope someone can help me, I've owned and loved a Mule for 8 years now but it has stopped functioning correctly. The light does not always turn on, when it does it would flash and not cycle modes correctly or ramp up and flicker.

I'm wondering if there is a repair service offered by McGizmo, I love this little thing and don't have the know how to attempt to fix it myself. I'm not complaining or looking for any kind of warrenty, I just want to get it back to normal and pay whatever that costs.
Thanks
Ady

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Worst case, simply replace the light engine.

Choices include stock (3S or HiVe) , datiLED, Tana, or others .... Might take the opportunity to put in something custom, if you like :shrug:

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Cleaning all the contacts is a good idea to start.

Try using Deoxit contact cleaner, this is an amazing product All flashlight owners should have.

Deoxit also has a protectant called Deoxit Gold which helps things after cleaning with the Deoxit Contact cleaner.

If this does not work, I would contact Don, he is the best in customer service.

Also, you Switch may need a good cleaning, or a replacement. All McGiz owners should have a spare switch, just in case.

Good luck, and let us know the outcome.

Best,

RL

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Is the switch tight and the spring still making contact? Is the light engine still tightly screwed into the head?

Don is pretty helpful. He may be able to repair the light if you cannot get it working.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
A few years back, I dropped one of my Haiku's on our tile floor, and it hit pretty hard, and did not come on. I sent it to Don, and he repaired it for me, not warranty, as I was at fault but I had it back the same week!

Last edited:

Burntrice

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all, I've had a bit of a tinker and new battery, seems better than it was. I can get all 3 settings back, it's still a little funny but better than it was

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like you're on the right track.
As everyone else said, after a good clean, I use isopropyl alcohol, and a tighten, you should be back to normal.
P