Lightwave 3000

redbird

Enlightened
I just returned from the National Hardware show in Chicago and the guy from Lightwave was there showing off the new 3000 unit. It is a 7 led light along the lines of the 4000.

It is considerably smaller about the size of a 2 "C" cell flashlight. It was very nice

I asked about additional lights and that was all they had at this time. They were there trying to secure dealers. I wish them luck as they have good products.

The displays showed the photon type mini light, 3 different colored lightwave 2000s and the 3000 and 4000.

So, we have something new on the horizion
shocked.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Were any other vendors at the show? Was the manufacturer (I can't think of their name at the moment) of the 19-LED C-cell unit there? I'd like to know if the aluminum-body version of that light is already available.

Brock

Flashaholic
So was the LW3000 the size of the Trek 7, 3 C cells? I do like the button on the LW4000 and heard the LW3000 will have the same switch. The Tektite (Trek) lights are truely waterproof while the LW are not rated for diving. Ying and Yang...

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Lumenaddict

The company that you are thinking of is Tektite. I called them this morning about the Trek 6000 EX 60 - 60 led light and was told that Scott (owner ?) was out of town for a couple of weeks and that all the new lights (like the EX 60 and aluminum versions of the 1400 and 1900) were on hold until he returns

redbird

Enlightened
There were a couple of other vendors there, namely Rayovac. I asked about LEDs and was told next year they would be out. Not too much interesting from them.

The LW 3000 looks just like a smaller version of the 4000 using the same switch.

I wanted one...real bad. I do have the 4000 now and love it.

No, the guy who makes the dbl barrel LEDs we see on Ebay was not there.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Pooh & redbird,
Thanks for the update.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pooh:
Hi Lumenaddict

The company that you are thinking of is Tektite. I called them this morning about the Trek 6000 EX 60 - 60 led light and was told that Scott (owner ?) was out of town for a couple of weeks and that all the new lights (like the EX 60 and aluminum versions of the 1400 and 1900) were on hold until he returns
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by redbird:
The LW 3000 looks just like a smaller version of the 4000 using the same switch.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I oughta have one for testing in a couple to a few weeks...
Meanwhile, I bid a sad goodbye to my LW4000, as the guy who loaned it needs it back.
Tonight will be the last time I see it.

Goodbye, old friend...
frown.gif

WarrenI

Newly Enlightened
I've been in touch with Angela Moen at Lightwave and the following was mentioned about the LW3000 the status:
--------------------------------------------
Unfortunately, the LW 4000's sold out much faster than we anticipated. But, never fear, they should be available in about a day or two. I think the warehouse received stock this week and we will deliver to our distributors asap. Also, watch for the LW 3000 available at the end of the month. It will be another big hit and it is also my personal favorite. Please contact Action Electronics at www.action-electronics.com or 1-800-563-9405.
============================================
I have mentioned to her about this forum and they plan to get on board in a very short while. The following is what she had to say:
--------------------------------------------
Warren,
Thanks for the forum information. It is very interesting to see the comments regarding all of the LED products. Also nice to see some positive comments about Lightwave. We really appreciate it. I tried to email Jake but his email is blocked, so perhaps I will take the time to register on the forum when I am not so tired. That way I can post answers back to his comments. If you can, tell him I appreciate his comments and support for our products.

I know that there is a lot of interest in Lightwave right now. We expect our new LW 3000 to be as popular, if not more, than our LW 4000. You realize how quickly they have sold, so it is really keeping us busy now.
============================================
Need I say more...