Help with replacement drivers - what to buy with magnet switch or how to fit

globalmark

Newly Enlightened
my-drive
Hi Guys
I have 2 cheaper dive torches that one i flooded and one i managed to twist off the wires -
a quick test battery to LED seems to show the LED's work but when wired through the drivers they dont work

So i want to get couple replacement Drivers - however these both have magnet switches (not sure if called Hall or other ??)
and the standard drivers for sale - Do they have magnets switches ?

Can i unsolder the old reed/Hall or whatever the part called and re-solder onto a new driver - can see in Picture on the smaller driver this magnet switch is just soldered on by red and black wire - but where would i solder it on to the new driver ?

on the other torch/driver i dont even know what part the magnets in the twist part operarate.
view

easiest if i can just buy new drivers with a switch the magnets operate ?
so any suggestions or links of best to buy
Both torches are single 18650 3.6v batteries
dive torches with a external magnet in twist ring that operates the torch
one driver 20mm and one 17mm or approx

thanks Mark

Have pics of old ones but not sure how to attach if anyone does can you let me know thanks

Picture
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tKZ-bPwfPJLv8DQ6LHDxcC3X9iOulMz3/view?usp=sharing

view

my-drive

Last edited:

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
To post pics you have to have them on another site, like google drive, photobucket, dropbox, etc. The click the 'insert image' button, and past a link to the picture in the box that comes up.

If using dropbox, you have to edit the URL that dropbox gives you. LMK if you need that info.

globalmark

Newly Enlightened
Hi
think thats a pic of existing drivers and LED
so just need to replace both drivers with something that will work with a magnet switch is all .. any suggestions ?

Think i need whats called a Flashlight driver with magnetic control circuit driver attached to board ??????
thanks Mark

Last edited: