• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB Leef gear bodies

ftumch33

Enlightened
Looking for these...
C tail M head 2x18650 and 1x18650
C tail C head 1x18650 and 2x18650
and the ever elusive...
C tail E head 1x18650 or 2x18650
HA111 or Black :)

Last edited:

ftumch33

Enlightened
HA3 as in Olive drab I guess (you know, the Surefire type of HA3) -sometimes looks like olive drab and in extreme cases looks kind of brown but really doesn`t matter as far as Leef bodies go since they all look olive drab.
I`m not aware if that would be considered clear but not a fan or raw.

Last edited:

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
HA3 as in Olive drab I guess (you know, the Surefire type of HA3) -sometimes looks like olive drab and in extreme cases looks kind of brown but really doesn`t matter as far as Leef bodies go since they all look olive drab.
I`m not aware if that would be considered clear but not a fan or raw.
The process is called type 3 "Hard Clear" but the ultimate objective is to achieve Olive Drab (natural) shading. However the results depend on various factors such as the quality of the aluminum substrate and the anodizing tank time. At worst the results could turn very pale grey due to the various impurities within the aluminum substrate, esp. high tin content.

The original SF type of HA3 (OD) is confusing. It may not even be Hard Clear at all but instead colored HA3 to mimic the original OD nat look. This is how big companies like SF can cheat a little bit in the process, but with Leef bodies, it's probably real Hard Clear OD nat (which I recall is a bit on the lighter side).

Last year I've requested for colored HA3 anodize on some of the SF 6P bodies (for my annual HA3 reano project) but in the end the plater did Hard Clear on those instead. Most turned out beautifully but a few did end up in very pale light grey, which was unacceptable and subsequently "converted" back to Hard Black which would take about 15 minutes (as long as the bodies are handled properly without finger smudges etc.).

ftumch33

Enlightened
Thanks for the link Fvemega.
I`ve seen those, just really not digging the style on them.
I had a bored out M4 once. I don`t know what I did with it.
I think I have `gremlins` in the house lol