• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

NightWatch NSX3vn - 21700 High Output Flooder R

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Click Here 4 More Info

0lbBHeu.jpg

MfR38a8.jpg

GrQrhCG.jpg

icBCaDp.jpg

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stock UI isn't too shabby, but VN4 is so nice to have I'd definitely go that route. Crazy little thing, wonder what a dedome would do.... Would you swap some other 50.2s in there? Something 3000K or HCRI and neutral white would be amazing at around 6k lumens even...

Hows the build quality? I have heard some good things about this light, in particular that there is apparently pretty solid heat sinking.

scintillator

Enlightened
What is the tint of the 6500k,by that I mean is there a noticable blue yellow or green hue or ring?
I agree VN4 is so nice.Does the clicky switch need to be upgraded to RS54?[h=1][/h]

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Stock UI isn't too shabby, but VN4 is so nice to have I'd definitely go that route. Crazy little thing, wonder what a dedome would do.... Would you swap some other 50.2s in there? Something 3000K or HCRI and neutral white would be amazing at around 6k lumens even...

Hows the build quality? I have heard some good things about this light, in particular that there is apparently pretty solid heat sinking.

This light is so excellent I would recommend the stock light over mine to keep the price down. Stock UI is excellent unless u have to have something else. Other LEDs are possible but that would kill the price value...build quality is exexcellent too. I just wish the tail cap has a slight cigar grip flare built in.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light is so excellent I would recommend the stock light over mine to keep the price down. Stock UI is excellent unless u have to have something else. Other LEDs are possible but that would kill the price value...build quality is exexcellent too. I just wish the tail cap has a slight cigar grip flare built in.

I will take three, one or two for me, and one or two as gifts. I am very happy that you got your hands on this budget little screamer. I will take yours instead of the stock version, because yours has your spiritual cachet. Original stock XHP50.2 emitters are ok/fine with me.

Serious inquiry email sent. Please let me know if you have three, or maybe four of these. Maybe two Vn, and two stock?

Patriot

Flashaholic
Very nice looking light with a simply, purposeful design. Great heat fins and a classic looking body. What a deal!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Man this light is worth every single penny. Make everything else seem over priced.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who are you gifting the lights to? Are they over 18?
Yes over 18 and they are people who are familiar with high performance lights, because they have listened to my discourses over the years on the subject. I give discourses on battery safety and mechanical lockout safety. There is a population group in Prescott who come to meetings at my community meeting hall who have been exposed to basic principles of high performance lights.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
U r so generous! Gifting complete packages with charger cells and light. Who gets it will really appreciate this. Once in a while I am gifted a lights. Those I never ever sell regardless of how much I need money. Other than those lights i cant seem to save anything. I always let it go the minute i get a request for it.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
U r so generous! Gifting complete packages with charger cells and light. Who gets it will really appreciate this. Once in a while I am gifted a lights. Those I never ever sell regardless of how much I need money. Other than those lights i cant seem to save anything. I always let it go the minute i get a request for it.
It has taken me a few re-reads of your post for its full spiritual impact to consciously sink in.
Flashlights are a powerful tangible medium of spirituality. We tangibly share our spirituality by tangibly gifting it, and we receive the tangible spiritual gift from others. No other secular physical thing on earth conveys any similar meaning for me.

The Nightwatch NSX3vn is astonishing for the combination of the power and the throw that it puts out for its size. For six years, I have been daily and nightly exposed to high performance lights, but this routine sized light shows me that I have not become immune to being continuously amazed as new, hotter hot rods become available. I am walking around with two normal people, shining this light in a large parking lot, repeating over and over: "Omg, the beam profile and performance for this size light is insane! Omg, the beam profile and performance for this size light is insane! Omg, the beam profile and performance for this size light is insane! ... ... ..."

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Patriot

Flashaholic
The Nightwatch NSX3vn is astonishing for the combination of the power and the throw that it puts out for its size. For six years, I have been daily and nightly exposed to high performance lights, but this routine sized light shows me that I have not become immune to being continuously amazed as new, hotter hot rods become available. I am walking around with two normal people, shining this light in a large parking lot, repeating over and over: "Omg, the beam profile and performance for this size light is insane! Omg, the beam profile and performance for this size light is insane! Omg, the beam profile and performance for this size light is insane! ... ... ..."

Hey Rich, I ordered the stock version as well, about a week or two ago, based on what you had to say about this light. It's not that I don't have others that are brighter or throw further, it's just that for dollar to performance ratio, I don't think anything beats it right now. Honestly, it will probably be gifted to an experience flashlight enthusiast, but it will be fun to try out for a little while and experience this light as you have.

Thanks very much for your thoughts and input!:wave:

Patriot

Flashaholic
How's your supply of these, Vinh?

I've probably come here and looked at that beamshot picture about 20 times since ordering one..haha. The light from the NSX3 looks so smooth and evenly distributed. No doubt that medium OP reflector helps out there.

Patriot

Flashaholic
You're right ! But i'm still curious :D

Sure, I got ya! I think it would require a custom MCPCB because I don't think it has the same foot print as the XHP50.2. but I could be wrong. Here's the thing though, 3 x SBT90's are going to require about 75A and a single cell barely does half of that. So even if they physically fit, it really wouldn't matter. The "carburetors" are too big and the "fuel lines" are too small.

Latest posts