HDS Systems        

Thread: NightWatch NSX3vn - 21700 High Output Flooder R

Default NightWatch NSX3vn - 21700 High Output Flooder R

I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Default Re: NightWatch NSX3vn - 21700 High Output Flooder R

Stock UI isn't too shabby, but VN4 is so nice to have I'd definitely go that route. Crazy little thing, wonder what a dedome would do.... Would you swap some other 50.2s in there? Something 3000K or HCRI and neutral white would be amazing at around 6k lumens even...

Hows the build quality? I have heard some good things about this light, in particular that there is apparently pretty solid heat sinking.
    Proud owner, SkyLumen Nguyen #011

List of my lights!

What is the tint of the 6500k,by that I mean is there a noticable blue yellow or green hue or ring?
    I agree VN4 is so nice.Does the clicky switch need to be upgraded to RS54?

Quote Originally Posted by dotCPF View Post
    Stock UI isn't too shabby, but VN4 is so nice to have I'd definitely go that route. Crazy little thing, wonder what a dedome would do.... Would you swap some other 50.2s in there? Something 3000K or HCRI and neutral white would be amazing at around 6k lumens even...

Hows the build quality? I have heard some good things about this light, in particular that there is apparently pretty solid heat sinking.
    This light is so excellent I would recommend the stock light over mine to keep the price down. Stock UI is excellent unless u have to have something else. Other LEDs are possible but that would kill the price value...build quality is exexcellent too. I just wish the tail cap has a slight cigar grip flare built in.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    This light is so excellent I would recommend the stock light over mine to keep the price down. Stock UI is excellent unless u have to have something else. Other LEDs are possible but that would kill the price value...build quality is exexcellent too. I just wish the tail cap has a slight cigar grip flare built in.
    I will take three, one or two for me, and one or two as gifts. I am very happy that you got your hands on this budget little screamer. I will take yours instead of the stock version, because yours has your spiritual cachet. Original stock XHP50.2 emitters are ok/fine with me.

Serious inquiry email sent. Please let me know if you have three, or maybe four of these. Maybe two Vn, and two stock?
    For less performance, use smaller flashlights; and for most performance, use largest flashlights.

Very nice looking light with a simply, purposeful design. Great heat fins and a classic looking body. What a deal!

Man this light is worth every single penny. Make everything else seem over priced.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Man this light is worth every single penny. Make everything else seem over priced.
    I just sent paypal to you for four of these: Two stock lights to make gifts of, and two Vn lights for me.
    For less performance, use smaller flashlights; and for most performance, use largest flashlights.

Quote Originally Posted by richbuff View Post
    I just sent paypal to you for four of these: Two stock lights to make gifts of, and two Vn lights for me.
    Who are you gifting the lights to? Are they over 18?
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Who are you gifting the lights to? Are they over 18?
    Yes over 18 and they are people who are familiar with high performance lights, because they have listened to my discourses over the years on the subject. I give discourses on battery safety and mechanical lockout safety. There is a population group in Prescott who come to meetings at my community meeting hall who have been exposed to basic principles of high performance lights.

U r so generous! Gifting complete packages with charger cells and light. Who gets it will really appreciate this. Once in a while I am gifted a lights. Those I never ever sell regardless of how much I need money. Other than those lights i cant seem to save anything. I always let it go the minute i get a request for it.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I just got my first of four. Photo: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...=1#post5363450

Right now, I am in the opposite position of The Doors: Waiting For The Sun.

Waiting for sundown. This light is the best deal for the most budget/gift lumens for its size classification.

-------------
    youtube,com/watch?v=W1WnrjciO8c

U r so generous! Gifting complete packages with charger cells and light. Who gets it will really appreciate this. Once in a while I am gifted a lights. Those I never ever sell regardless of how much I need money. Other than those lights i cant seem to save anything. I always let it go the minute i get a request for it.
    It has taken me a few re-reads of your post for its full spiritual impact to consciously sink in.
    Flashlights are a powerful tangible medium of spirituality. We tangibly share our spirituality by tangibly gifting it, and we receive the tangible spiritual gift from others. No other secular physical thing on earth conveys any similar meaning for me.

The Nightwatch NSX3vn is astonishing for the combination of the power and the throw that it puts out for its size. For six years, I have been daily and nightly exposed to high performance lights, but this routine sized light shows me that I have not become immune to being continuously amazed as new, hotter hot rods become available. I am walking around with two normal people, shining this light in a large parking lot, repeating over and over: "Omg, the beam profile and performance for this size light is insane! Omg, the beam profile and performance for this size light is insane! Omg, the beam profile and performance for this size light is insane! ... ... ..."

Flashaholic*

Smile Re: NightWatch NSX3vn - 21700 High Output Flooder R

I had to order the stock version from Skylumen after reading several posts from richbuff.
    I just got my first of four. Photo: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...=1#post5363450

Right now, I am in the opposite position of The Doors: Waiting For The Sun.

Waiting for sundown. This light is the best deal for the most budget/gift lumens for its size classification.

-------------
    youtube,com/watch?v=W1WnrjciO8c

The Nightwatch NSX3vn is astonishing for the combination of the power and the throw that it puts out for its size. For six years, I have been daily and nightly exposed to high performance lights, but this routine sized light shows me that I have not become immune to being continuously amazed as new, hotter hot rods become available. I am walking around with two normal people, shining this light in a large parking lot, repeating over and over: "Omg, the beam profile and performance for this size light is insane! Omg, the beam profile and performance for this size light is insane! Omg, the beam profile and performance for this size light is insane! ... ... ..."

Hey Rich, I ordered the stock version as well, about a week or two ago, based on what you had to say about this light. It's not that I don't have others that are brighter or throw further, it's just that for dollar to performance ratio, I don't think anything beats it right now. Honestly, it will probably be gifted to an experience flashlight enthusiast, but it will be fun to try out for a little while and experience this light as you have.

Thanks very much for your thoughts and input!

How's your supply of these, Vinh?

I've probably come here and looked at that beamshot picture about 20 times since ordering one..haha. The light from the NSX3 looks so smooth and evenly distributed. No doubt that medium OP reflector helps out there.

Flashaholic

Would 3 sbt90 fit in this light ?

Quote Originally Posted by Croquette View Post
    Would 3 sbt90 fit in this light ?

I don't know if they'd physically fit but a single SBT90 will push the limits of most cells.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    I don't know if they'd physically fit but a single SBT90 will push the limits of most cells.
    You're right ! But i'm still curious

Quote Originally Posted by Croquette View Post
    You're right ! But i'm still curious

Sure, I got ya! I think it would require a custom MCPCB because I don't think it has the same foot print as the XHP50.2. but I could be wrong. Here's the thing though, 3 x SBT90's are going to require about 75A and a single cell barely does half of that. So even if they physically fit, it really wouldn't matter. The "carburetors" are too big and the "fuel lines" are too small.

Not much talk of this light but I did order one back on Feb 10th and I'm excited to experience it. The best part is that it didn't break the bank. The beam seems like it would be good for night walks as well. It was mainly due to Richbuff's reports about this NSX3 that I ordered one. Hopefully Vinh will get in a shipment soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    Not much talk of this light but I did order one back on Feb 10th and I'm excited to experience it. The best part is that it didn't break the bank. The beam seems like it would be good for night walks as well. It was mainly due to Richbuff's reports about this NSX3 that I ordered one. Hopefully Vinh will get in a shipment soon.
    I have one of four that I ordered from Vinh Jan. 23rd. I told Vinh that there is no rush on the other three.

You will be amazed at both the beam profile and beam performance from this size light. Lots of useful distance and width. Amazing quantity of, and perfect balance of throw and flood, from this size light.

That's great to hear, Rich. I think your first had Driver VN4 iirc. I ordered a stock version but Vinh says it's just fantastic. You ordered before me so I hope you get your other three soon. I really like the classic looking design of this light. Kind of an early 6P styled body and a simple head design with nicely designed heat fins. I'm eager to hold one.

Yes, Driver VN4. I am going to email Vinh and ask him to send you yours before he sends me the rest of mine (one more VN4 and two stock, to make gifts of), because I am eager for you to get yours soon.

Link to pic of light and specs: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...=1#post5363450

-----------
    At the moment, there are nine people in my building having a spiritual meeting in a large room, and they are thankful that they have a place to meet with each other to share about the Higher Power in their lives.

Edited
    Last edited by AmericanDissent; 03-23-2020 at 10:22 AM.

Yes, Driver VN4. I am going to email Vinh and ask him to send you yours before he sends me the rest of mine (one more VN4 and two stock, to make gifts of), because I am eager for you to get yours soon.
    Rich you're too kind! I would never ask for something like this and your gesture is very thoughtful! All I can say is THANK YOU SO MUCH!! because to say anything else would devalue your selflessness. Thank you, Rich. Hopefully Vinh will get a big fat order of them and we'll all get them at the same time!

There is still no good ETA for the NSX3 in sight. THe factory must be hit harder than others. If you ordered an NSX3 You can continue to wait, use credit for another light or get a refund. Please let me know by email.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com