How many ladies do we have here @ CPF?

LED Monkey

Enlightened
Oh yeah, I know there are a whole lotta guys here on CPF, and I think guys are more attracted to tools and gadgets (in our dna) survival kinda thing. I'm easily entertained by bright shiny things:eek:oo: . I get more weird looks from women trying to understand the whole "flashlight" thing then another man who at least would be open to the idea of getting a new and better flashlight.

How many ladies are here on CPF?
What is the percentage overall?
Do women get it?:shrug:

ven

Flashaholic
Not got a clue how many on here, there are a few. Not to mention Greta who actually owns CPF. So i would certainly say yes, they get it. My better 1/2 enjoys using my lights, she likes certain colour temps more than others. She has been using an MD2 with an OR 219b mule recently(quite a lot in fact).

The flip side though, every time there is a flashlight on TV, i get " what torch is that then?" So much pressure to get right!!!

Too add vinh is a household name as well! everyone know vinh under this roof:)

LED Monkey

Enlightened
Well i'd have to say if they're a member here then yes they do "get it":). My better half at least now definitely see the benefits to having a flashlight nearby in the house or taking one into the yard in the evening. I just got her a new S1R baton ii in red with gold clip and accents, very nice looking I'd have to say. And I would have to agree if you own a flashlight forum, you "get it". Just so I'm clear, vihn is a woman? Dunno. And lol, what torch is that:sweat:

ven

Flashaholic
Haha no vinh's not a lady, but Rachel(other 1/2) knows all about him. MD2 is a malkoff, the OR is oveready.
Like this
gisrCMil.jpg

OR mule p60
6wppU6El.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
Given the fact that one of the internet's best (and worst) features is relative anonymity, I would venture to say most of the ladies here aren't likely to make themselves known. They probably like to fly under the radar lest they become the object of unwanted attention. But there are certainly are some around. Girls like gear too. :)

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure that there are quite a few "other 1/2s" that are very familiar with CPF without being members.

My wife knows a number of CPFers by both CPF and real-life name.

:)

archimedes

Flashaholic
Moving this to The Cafe.

I do know that some members of online forums are more comfortable when this isn't necessarily known.

This should be obvious, but please don't assume or speak for others here :sssh:

ven

Flashaholic
Very cool Grijon! Rachel knows all about CPF but thankfully does not check up haha......:thinking:hang on,
might explain the skate board at the top stair!

LED Monkey

Enlightened
I hear yah. I just find it somewhat interesting as to the fact that it's definitely more of a guys type of interest than a ladies type of interest. I put the question out there, hopefully light hearted, to maybe get the women's side of things. And I can understand people wishing to remain anonymous. One thing I would not expect would be seeing any woman getting unwanted attention or disrespect. I have been a member of another mostly male dominated forum in a completely different field "airguns forum" and I never heard or read any type unwanted attention toward the few female members there at any time, it would not be tolerated. If anyone wishes to remain anonymous they could simply not respond to the thread. I know there would be some lady members, just curious what percentage that might be.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
There was a prominent member here at one point that I found out was a gal when folks at another light thread said "she" had passed on to the great flashlight in the sky. I forget the name and figure since she never tripped about she wouldn't mind it not being mentioned here anyway.

My wife likes flashlights. Push button, out comes light. Good enough for her.
No cares about tints and all that. Just give her a 300 lumen light and she's happy. A 2am nature call……300 lumens. Find a crayon under the sofa, 300 lumens, shine a light into a small crevice, 300 lumens, search the yard for dropped keys, 300 lumens. One day I handed her some welding goggles and said "you do know that light has a low, right?" She smiled and said "don't need it, I have welders goggles now". lol.
The day I loaned her my purple E01 was the last time I saw it. Same with a few others like a tan G2x Pro, a Mag Solitaire and a rainbow PL2. She also digs having a flashlight within a few feet practically anywhere in the house. And has never said "ew that tint is awful", nor asked about the CRI number.

I will say this though, when I need a Dremel I borrow hers, same with tiny screw drivers, pliers, zip ties, duct tape and industrial strength glues and Velcro. She has a 6 drawer tool chest that is packed with tools. Craftsman mostly. When I was restoring cars about 1/3 of my tool purchases were for her. She never asked for 1/2" drive torque wrenches or 36" breaker bars, but has a screw driver assortment that would make Tim the Tool Man smile.

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
My wife and daughter, while they are not on the forum, absolutely love flashlights, and Swiss Army Knives.

Almost 20 years ago, I gave my wife an ARC AAA, and it has been on her keying ever since. There is almost no anodizing left on the knurled area but it still works, and I just charge the Eneloop from time to time. She uses it all the time.

Years ago, I bought a bunch of tan and yellow Surefire G2's, and I add a Malkoff to them and give them to any women we know, family, friends, business associates and so on, I do this for their safety. They all seem to love them.

I also have been issuing NEBO Big Larry2 Lights for them just to keep in the car, I think they are very handy, and for the money a good value. The Surefire/Malkoff G2 lights are to blind any freaks that may approach them in parking lots, flawless reliability!

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
My experience has been that there are women here but they use non-gendered names. I assume they have reasons for this and don't worry about it. If they don't want to say, I don't need to know.