Different lenses for Maglite 3c ML25LT? Aspherical?

RCRVRP

Newly Enlightened
Are there different lenses available for a new 3c ML25LC Maglite?
Something that will give it more throw or more spill or get rid of the black dot in the center of the beam?

Is the lens something that is popular to change to alter the flashlights performance characteristics?

LED Monkey

Enlightened
Kaidomain.com has some Maglite stuff like reflectors and lenses, you can check them out. An "orange peel" reflector can help smooth out some of the beam, idk what they might have for lenses to change the beam but you can check them out. I'm not real familiar with the new Mag stuff or what you can do with them. You'll probably hear from a few of the knowledgeable Maglite members here.

LED Monkey

Enlightened
There is a guy that goes by bykfixer on here that i'm thinkin he can answer pretty much all you'll need to know about Maglites, and somehow he may even stumble onto this thread. There are others in the know as well.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Thanks for the mention LM.

Flashlight lens dot com has ML25 lenses pre-cut. My favorite is called "acrylite" that is an ultra clear acrylic with a light coating that difusses the beam so you get 97% light transmission with a cleaner beam.
I tried adding orange peel to the ML25 reflector versus an acrylite and found better results with the acrylite.

I dial the beam like I want it up front and use the tail cap for an on/off switch. Loosen about 1/3 rotation and the light turns off. Tony also did that with the ML50 and ML300.