Samsung 21700 40T - is it fake?

skid00skid00

Newly Enlightened
I purchased two Samsung 21700 40T from BatteryJunction. The wrapper is tan/putty color, not the blue/violet that all websites show.

I can see *under/through* the wrapper, and that dot matrix print matches the wrapper print. They both say:
INR21700-40T
SAMSUNG SDI
170 2

There's also an 'FA' W26' on the can, but not the wrapper.

The positive cap does not have the four slits that one site shows as legit.

Both end caps have a rough surface, with no ring on the negative. There *is* a stamp on the neg terminal. It is partially hidden by the wrap, looks like a 'T4', but I can't see the bottom of the 'T' to see if it has 'feet' like an I-beam.

Anyone have any input?

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
I can't speak anything in regards to the details of the cells themselves, but I can state that the chances of BatteryJunction selling you a fake/counterfeit cell is extremely low. Only way I could see that happening is if one of their people was duped on a batch of cells, which is highly unlikely.

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
Absolutley, just recived an order from them not long ago, zero complaints.

I did do a bit of searching in google images for that cell, and couldn't find an image or reference to a version with a tan wrapper :shrug:

Perhaps they just now switched to the new colored wrapper and new images haven't been updated yet?

AbnInfantry

Newly Enlightened
The Samsung 21700 40T cells I ordered from Illum.com have tan wrappers on them. I'm sure Illum.com isn't selling fakes.

Burgess

Flashaholic
I have the highest respect
for both Battery Junction,
and Illumn.

< just sayin' . . . . >

kaptainkronic

Newly Enlightened
Did I receive fake 40t batteries from battery junction?
Cuz they only charge to 3400.
And the battery itself does not have Samsung's name on it anywhere.
e3bd600cc0cce7816b79afc24de45107.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

NiOOH

Enlightened
Did you peel off the sticker to see what does it say underneath?
The fact that you can only charge 3400 mAh (if measured correctly) does not prove or disprove anything.