Comparison shots of a few of my V54 lights

AmericanDissent

Enlightened
Here are some shots I took trying to compare a few of my VN lights. I used the pro setting on my cell phone, so ISO and exposure times are the same. I'm a complete newbie with this kind of stuff, so apologies for lack of quality. I had the phone balanced on a picnic table and held the lights over my head while seated at said table. Due to the E07 lighting up so much of the foreground, it seems more impressive compared to its competitors in pics than it did in person. My D4Svn was tested at 4600 lumens and 98Kcd. Sadly, I didn't get specs on my Fiat Lux MT07vn, and I really regret it.

It is definitely a challenge getting photos to accurately portray real life perception.

Summer time control shot, taken at a slightly different angle, but approx the same distance.
ou1QoDq.jpg

Comparison shots
0QRvbP3.jpg

b3RpPWq.jpg

89zVBel.jpg

XbSm3av.jpg

IOtoJka.jpg

weqI3r5.gif

Just for fun, I used the same camera settings as the above shots, and snapped these of the R90TS and MS18. A little too much light for those settings!
IM3xAM6.jpg

RUJHJ73.jpg

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for these comparison shots. Now I know how nice of a light the MT07vn really is. I love my d4svn w2 because of the beam profile and output. The MT07vn is basically a turbo version of that!

AmericanDissent

Enlightened
Thanks for these comparison shots. Now I know how nice of a light the MT07vn really is. I love my d4svn w2 because of the beam profile and output. The MT07vn is basically a turbo version of that!

That's basically how I look at it. They're both so similar in form factor. I consider the MT07vn a noticeable upgrade in performance to the D4Svn.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Great comparison shots AD! The XPL HI 5000K sure has a pretty tint!

Thanks for taking the time to post those.

AmericanDissent

Enlightened
Great comparison shots AD! The XPL HI 5000K sure has a pretty tint!

Thanks for taking the time to post those.

Agreed! I find 5000K to be the most pleasing to my eye for general use. I have a few 4000K lights, and one 3000K, as well as an E07vn mule with a combination of both that I love to use in candle mode.

FWIW, I had the camera set at 4700K for white balance, whatever that does lol. I tried getting a combination of settings that most closely mimicked what my eyes saw.

Patriot

Flashaholic
AD, I'm back enjoying your pictures again!:)

Do you recall which cell you were using at the time in your D4S and MT07?

Thanks!

AmericanDissent

Enlightened
AD, I'm back enjoying your pictures again!:)

Do you recall which cell you were using at the time in your D4S and MT07?

Thanks!

The MT07vn had this Orbtronic cell
GWzpp49.jpg

The D4Svn was using a 15amp KeepPower I got from Vinh that he specifically recommended for the W2 quad.
https://skylumen.com/products/keeppower-5200mah-imr26650

I'm thinking the MT07vn could benefit from a 40T, 30T or perhaps a Molicel P42A. The later is supposed to be a fantastic battery.

On that note, did anyone else notice that the 21700's are a tight fit, length wise, in the MT07?

Patriot

Flashaholic
Wow! Yes, that Orbtronic is no slouch at 47peak, 36continuous. I don't see any cell restrictions for the D4Svn on Skylumen. I wonder what it would do with the Orbtronic?

Patriot

Flashaholic
On second thought, I don't think the D4Svn is pulling enough current for there to be a difference. The MT07 is probably making good use of that orbtronic though.

Do you remember where you purchased the Orbtronic? I looked on their website but didn't see it.

Thanks.

AmericanDissent

Enlightened
Wow! Yes, that Orbtronic is no slouch at 47peak, 36continuous. I don't see any cell restrictions for the D4Svn on Skylumen. I wonder what it would do with the Orbtronic?

When I asked Vinh about that particular cell in my D4Svn, he did say it would likely be too much, which is why I never tried it. Even though I've had good experiences with Orbtronic batteries, I doubt that cell matches it's claimed numbers, they seem exceptionally high. Maybe 35 pulse, 25 continuous, but that's just a guess. I think a high drain 21700 will likely provide better numbers in the MT07vn.

I wish 26650 batteries would catch on in some lucrative application so battery manufacturers begin advancing their capabilities. 18650 and 21700's have made a lot more progress than 26650's, and I'm sure it's a $$$ thing.