Fenix HL50 o-ring size?

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a Fenix HL50 - my first "serious" headlamp. In removing the light from the "retaining ring" in order to clean and lubricate the threads, I managed to shred the paper-thin o-ring. I don't want to use the one spare supplied o-ring, I won't have an intact specimen to use if I have to make a visual comparison if shopping in person.

Does anyone have an official size/thickness/material for the replacement o-ring? I think I want to get at least a dozen for future possible continued mishaps. If push comes to shove, I suppose I could try teflon tape. Thank you all for your input!

colight

Enlightened
Hi Novice,

Resort to the after-sale service to get the details.

I just got a Fenix HL50 - my first "serious" headlamp. In removing the light from the "retaining ring" in order to clean and lubricate the threads, I managed to shred the paper-thin o-ring. I don't want to use the one spare supplied o-ring, I won't have an intact specimen to use if I have to make a visual comparison if shopping in person.

Does anyone have an official size/thickness/material for the replacement o-ring? I think I want to get at least a dozen for future possible continued mishaps. If push comes to shove, I suppose I could try teflon tape. Thank you all for your input!

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
colight,
Thank you for the suggestion. I have exchanged emails with a gentleman in support named Colt. He said that he would send me some spares, and passed the info request on to the guys in the engineering dept., who were "away from the building" for an indeterminate amount of time. The spares haven't arrived yet, and I would like the info for my own sake also. Then I could place a small order for those, and also get some backup o-rings for my recent 140 GD HDS purchase at the same time, since Henry was kind enough to include those dimensions in the Ra clicky manual. Your post is a good reminder to try Colt again. This will be my third email. I don't think that Colt is the cause of the holdup.

Last edited:

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update: Colt at Fenix very generously sent me padded envelopes with two different sizes of replacement o-rings for the HL50, which arrived yesterday from the service dept. in Monticello, AR. I also received an email from a Brad, who said that the size was 5/8 of an inch (outer diameter), along with an invitation to email him with any further questions. I replied with an inquiry as to the thickness of the o-ring (which is quite thin), and the type of material it was made with. Waiting to hear back.