• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Olight is about to release the I5T AA light.

Sipher3

Newly Enlightened
I went on Olights website today and noticed the release of the I5T aa version of the popular I3T aaa flashlight. As someone that EDC's the I3T I am longing for a medium mode (30-50 lumens). I'm surprised Olight didn't add one considering the competition, and the size. It looks like the I5T will have a low mode at 15lm and a hight of 300 LM. I am looking forward to some hands on reviews to see if this light is worth looking into. What do you guys think?

LED Monkey

Enlightened
I've got the S1A baton in my pocket right now. Compatible with AA alks-nimh-li-ion with 5 mode levels and a strobe + 2 timer settings. The new I5T AA looks nice but the versatility Of the older S1A is... Well you decide. And they have a new Warrior Pro with a 21700 5000mah battery which looks like you may not be able to charge other "non Olight" batteries in the light, judging by the looks of the top of the battery it comes with. But we'll wait and see. If you can charge other non Olight batteries in the light I might just hit the buy button.

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
The modes of the i5T are 30-150-300.

I'm excited about this light "equaled" only by the Surefire's Titan Plus which also yields 300 lumens, but from a single AAA battery. However, the i5T is a clicky and is fueled by a stronger AA battery!

The i5T is also one-third the cost of the Titan Plus.

I've wanted a Titan Plus for a long time for its quality and sleekness especially after having played with one a friend's friend had, but felt it was priced too high.

I'm buying two Olight i5T's and I love my i3T and i3E EOS, among others. Olight, too, pays close attention to design, color, and function. I also find them high in quality.

LED Monkey

Enlightened
The i5T has 2 modes, level 1 which starts out with 300lm then steps down after 3 minutes to 150lm for 25 minutes, steps down again after 25 to 30lm. Level 2 is 15 lumens for 20 hours.

Sipher3

Newly Enlightened
I have a S1A as well. I find the I3T more useful as a work light with a momentary on tail switch and simple UI, as I would with the I5T, but I agree the versatility of the S1A is hard to beat.

LED Monkey

Enlightened
A mid mode would be nice, 15lm-150lm-300lm. I'll probably end up with one of the i5T lights at some point. Yes it does drop down to 150lm but after it starts on 300lm for 3 minutes.

Sipher3

Newly Enlightened
I like the I3T and the M1T, and this will be a welcome addition. Wish they'd have kept output same as the I3T with a longer runtime, but this will no doubt be yet another good value light.

I agree. Outputs similar, but with a mid mode. If it was L-ion compatible, then have the max output 300 lumens. That being said, Ill probably still order one at some point as well.
When i say at some point, I mean friday.

Last edited:

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
Bummer no 14500 support and more modes, like moonlight and something between highest and low..

Sipher3

Newly Enlightened
 Right with you on that. They're not available around here just yet, but my order's going in as soon as they are.
After taking another look at the specs, I noticed the throw is 60 meters on both the I5T and I3T. The candela is 910 on the I5T and 900 on I3T. Unless this is a misprint the I5T is going to be more of a flood light.
I may have to wait for some reviews and beam shots before I pull the trigger on this one.

Edit: It looks like Olight has these on sale this weekend. All sales of the I5T are used for medical supply donations to assist with coronavirus.
Very cool Olight.
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Last edited:

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
The i5T sold out early, it evidently attracted a lot of attention. New ones arrive in 30 days. If I read correctly, further editions won't have the blue knurling? (I hope Desert Tan becomes an option.) 😉

Sipher3

Newly Enlightened
The i5T sold out early, it evidently attracted a lot of attention. New ones arrive in 30 days. If I read correctly, further editions won't have the blue knurling? (I hope Desert Tan becomes an option.) 
Mine is on it's way. I couldn't pass it up at that price.
desert tan or OD green would be cool.

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
I received my i5T AA light on Monday.

It's so solid (heavy enough to feel it sink into your pants pocket if you don't want to clip it to your shirt) that I think a tank could run into it and have to be sent for repair! So it has a solid feel.

As I understand it, they won't make the blue knurling again. That being said, I'd take (buy) this light or any other in Desert Tan in a future edition.

I like the 15-lumen low.

I especially like the 300-lumen high because it is floody while providing more than adequate spill but also, it seems to be pleasurable to watch how this higher mode takes about two-tenths of a second to "bloom" into fuller lumen mode. It's a neat feature and "satisfying" without waiting a half second or 1.5 seconds to come on since it is already luminous at upon reaching that mode and like a flower, blooms brighter and wider.

When I first encountered this in the Klarus equivalent to the Nitecore Tube, I did not like it. I still do not in a tiny light like that because "instant" illumination is needed though I still admit I am not as negative about it as I was at first. In fact, I'd have no problem ordering that Klarus light.

Someone at Olight has paid attention to how Apple packages its products. They also have paid attention to wanting a purchaser to WANT to pick it up and play with it, in this case, to want to buy it when it is available for purchase. Design IS key!

Yes, I would have preferred a medium mode of somewhere between 75 and 125 lumens, but maybe in a future light they will make that.

Sipher3

Newly Enlightened
I was a little disappointed when I first compared it to my i3T. My i5T has more of a greenish yellow tint to the beam, and the outputs seem similar when both have fresh batteries due to the more floody i5T beam. Run times are where the i5T is starting to impress me more. I'll have to give it more time though.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got one today and I'm impressed especially if the runtimes hold true, I think Olight is going to sell a boat load of these.

Once you get it outside its almost hard to believe it's only a AA light and I don't have a problem with just two modes with this type of carry light. I really like that the tailcap is modular if the clicky goes bad it shouldn't be to hard to get a replacement.

I got a big box of Energizer lithium perfect for this light long runtime and lightweight.
8fc298683637128a42421c46f4e700b0.jpg

Last edited:

firemcd

Newly Enlightened
Just got one today and I'm impressed especially if the runtimes hold true, I think Olight is going to sell a boat load of these.

Once you get it outside its almost hard to believe it's only a AA light and I don't have a problem with just two modes with this type of carry light. I really like that the tailcap is modular if the clicky goes bad it shouldn't be to hard to get a replacement.

I got a big box of Energizer lithium perfect for this light long runtime and lightweight.
8fc298683637128a42421c46f4e700b0.jpg
Really awesome that you shared the package picture. Many thanks; thinking of buying one :)