RofisLight        

Thread: Paypal in cheers and Jeers

Flashaholic

Default Paypal in cheers and Jeers

Hello have you folks read the post in cheers and jeers about paypal. I did I looked up some of the links listed and there are some real horror stories in there. I got signed up with paypal because a lot of things here on the forums takes it only. Well what do you people think about this please take the time to answer. I really would like to know what other people think about this issue.

Default Re: Paypal in cheers and Jeers

Paypal is just like anything else. You only hear about people's bad experiences. I've been using Paypal for years now with not one problem.

Just be careful to move your money out of your Paypal account ASAP and be careful from whom you accept payments.

I've also been using Paypal for years and have no problems to report.
    As is often the case though, your results may vary.

Same as Chief and LED_Museum here. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

I guess overall I'd say I've had postive experiences, I've used it for a while though not much and never to receive money but no bad experiences. On the one time I had a problem with a purchase paid for with paypal, they didn't really do anything (that I know of) my complaint to them got a store/seller to finally send me my product, after which I promptly cancelled my complaint (I'd been waiting almost 30 days for it and had been told on 3 occasions it had shipped, it hadn't).

The only problem I've ever had wasn't with Paypal, it was with the seller. I eventually got my product, more than a month after I was supposed to get it, so I guess that was a complaint no more.

I think PayPal is great. I've made over 500 PayPal transactions and had no problems. It just depends on the other party, how trustworthy they are. So sometimes, it's luck of the draw. Best way is to get some reference, auction feedback.

Flashaholic*

I got taken by a seller on ebay who had all good feedback. I gave him good feedback too. He is a good con man. I reported him to ebay SafeHarbor. It's been over 30 days since the purchase, so it seems PayPal won't help. I guess the next step is to talk to MasterCard and protest the charges.

no probs whatsoever!

Yes, some of the PayPal stories are scary. But I have had no problems, and I enjoy using their services.
    Paul

Silver Moderator

Hello Clifton,

Although I have had no problems with PayPal, I am a bit cautious as well.

I think prudence is the best way to go. I have a separate account set up with them and I keep very little money in it. When I have a transaction to make, I transfer money into the account. When I receive money, I transfer it out.

If they try anything funny, it will have minimal effect.

So far, so good. No problems.

Tom

No problems.

I didn't want PP to have access to my checking acct, so like Tom, I set up a separate checking acct with $100.00 to become "verified". That allows me to only use my cc ("other option) whose maximum liability is $50.00. I could have set it up with much less but every so often I forget to use the cc option and the $100.00 is an over-withdrawal cushion.

Brightnorm