• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Question for Olight on Warrior X Pro

LED Monkey

Enlightened
This light looks quite interesting but I would like to know if the Warrior X Pro will be able to use other non Olight batteries to run the light and can this light charge other batteries in the light via the Olight magnetic charging cable?

Last edited:

LED Monkey

Enlightened
Well I asked the same question to Olight customer service at the Olight store "contact us" for questions and comments and they did answer and they said, they don't know if other batteries can be used. I myself find that pretty odd. I'm hoping I can get an actual answer one way or the other. If there are any Olight reps that could find out I would appreciate some info on that. I have interest with this light but still would like to know more about it. Thanks!

And just out of curiosity is anyone planning to get the Warrior X Pro? Release date is 1/31/20.

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
Probably not sadly, as on the seeker 2 pro it will use most like same battery so meaning no outside charging. it even says so on the battery dont charge external.

I dont find this an issue since charging is so easy and u can buy spare batteries from their website.

LED Monkey

Enlightened
I just hate to be tied to Olight batteries only, and at $27.00 per cell? No thank you, that's 3x the price. The Seeker pro will turn on and go through the modes but it will not charge in the light. But the M2R pro uses the same battery and it looks like it will not even turn on at all from what I'm seeing on YT reviews. I'm just trying to get clarification from Olight. I might even buy it if you can at least run the light with other batteries.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe it is simply going to be a modified 21700 in it but that does mean that a normal 21700 will not function. Modified as in just mounting hardware to put both electrodes on the top of the cell. I do not support this from any manufacturer and thus they have guaranteed another lost sale. I would have bought the M2R Pro except for that one "feature". I also would have bought this new Warrior X ...except for that one feature. I don't understand why they think people want to buy products that force them to use only one brand of cell. I haven't bought a new phone in years because they all have glued in batteries. I guess this is to be expected from a Chinese manufacturer though. All about the short-term profits, how many they can sell today and figure out what to sell em tomorrow afterward.

LED Monkey

Enlightened
Yes their proprietary batteries have both the pos+/neg- on the top of the cell. It looks like their first Warrior doesn't use a battery like that, the battery looks like a normal high discharge cell and from what I've seen you can use other batteries in the light as well and charge them too. Although I'm not 100% sure about the charging. I did find it quite odd at Olights response saying they didn't know if you can use other batteries in their own light. It comes with the same battery as the Seeker Pro and the M2R Pro. If you were to buy a replacement battery @ $27.00 + shipping if you didn't meet the $50.00 min order, probably around $32.00 total for one battery. If I can't get a firm answer from Olight then it's a pass.